Chapter 18: To Battle

As you feared, it wasn't long before you got word that the Sakura Empire were making their next move. There were reports of activity a good distance away from the base, but it was a chance to meet them head on and try to prevent anything they might be scheming.

Aboard the USS Enterprise, you looked on as the combined Royal Navy and Eagle Union fleets sailed at full speed. Your mind was occupied with all sorts of questions but also, you felt that same nervousness that you felt from the last mission.

This time would be much different, and you weren't sure how you were going to be able to take proper cover if you were in danger.

"Is something troubling you, Master?"

You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard Belfast beside you. Turning to face her, you nod and start talking to her.

"Just nervous again. This won't be anywhere near like the last mission. I just hope that I'll be able to keep myself safe without getting in the way of you all." You said.

Belfast nodded with understanding as she gently put her hand on your shoulder. That signature smile spread across her face as she went about reassuring you.

"You shan't be getting in our way. You know by know that as a maid, I do everything I can to serve you. That includes protecting you from harm. Even if I'm not at your side, I will make sure that someone is." She said.

You could not deny that Belfast was as skilled at fighting as she was at her other duties as a maid. She was definitely someone that shouldn't be judged merely by how she looked.

"I know you do. That makes me feel better. Thank you Belfast." You said as she giggled and moved herself closer, hugging your arm gently.

"I am always happy to serve, Master." She said with a slight glimmer in her eyes.

You smiled back at her before going back to observing the fleet. The sheer volume of ships did ease your worry further, the slight proving to be quite impressive too.

"Quite a fleet." You said.

"I underestimated just how many of you there actually are. It's easy to lose track." You continued.

"Indeed it must be. It amazes me how one so young and with little experience has seemingly taken all this in his stride. You are very impressive." The head maid said, leaning her head against your arm.

"Belfast?" You asked.

"Mhm?" She simply replied.

"Lately you have been becoming much more...familiar with me. What exactly is your reasoning?" You posed the question, unsure if she would give you a proper answer or sort of  lightly deflect your question and play it off.

She giggled before she started giving you her answer.

"I do so because I spend practically every moment of the day with you. During the time I spend with you, I find myself becoming more and more fond of you. That is why I do things like this every so often. The expressions you give me are amusing and rather endearing." She said, looking up at you.

"One day, I hope that you will be able to look back on your time at Azur Lane with as much fondness as I hold for you." She said.

"I will. That is a long way off though. Who knows what path I will end up taking in the future. For now, I must make sure I guide all of us down the correct path. Not just Azur Lane, but the Crimson Axis too." You said, slowly stepping forward bringing Belfast along with you.

"Surely they must know that we are stronger together. The sirens are the true enemy. There has to be a way to get through to them." You said.

"You may try to convince them, but I doubt they will listen." Enterprise said, joining the conversation as she came over and stood next to you.