Four

"Vick, I'm leaving!"
"But I cooked you breakfast..."
"I got to go, babe."

Derek kissed Vicky's cheek before walking out the door. Vicky put a smile on her face as she turned to her daughter, Mya.

"Well, I guess that's more for us..." Vicky said picking Mya up and taking her into the kitchen.

"Ok, mama."

"So how many pancake do you want?" Mya held up two fingers as her mother pointed to the food.

"Ok then, two it is."

...

"Finish up so I can take you to auntie's house, ok?"

Mya nodded with a mouth full of pieces of pancake. She ate the rest of what was on her plate and handed it to Vicky. She placed it in the sink as Mya went to put her shoes on.

*

"Alright, well I have to get to work."
"Ok bye, sis! I'll take good care of your baby for you..."
"You better! Love you, bye."

...

Vicky was making her way to work when her phone started ringing. She felt around and pulled it from the cup holder. Glancing at the screen, she quickly pressed accept and place the phone to her ear.

"Hey, baby!"

"Derek, I'm already on my way to work.."

"No, I can't turn around."

"I'm going to be la-.."

"Don't yell at me!"

"FINE! Fine, I'll go get it for you..."

"Ok, I lov-"

"...and he hung up."

*

"Here you go, Derek." Vicky said handing him his tool belt. He snatched it from her and wrapped it around himself.

"Took you long enough..." He stated in a harsh tone.

"You're Welcome, Derek." Vicky sang sarcastically.

"Ain't you late for work or something?" He said waving at her to leave the construction sight.

Vicky went back to her car and drove off. She tried to avoid crying by blasting the music from the radio to drowned out her thoughts.

"Positive mood for work. Lord knows I need it..." She said to herself.

Vote & Comment