Twenty Two

"You need to watch your fucking mouth when you're talking to me, girl!"

"Derek, your drunk."

"I'm not fucking drunk, bitch!"

"My daughter is in the other room.."

Derek walked up to Vicky and put his hand around her neck, pushing her against the wall.

"Do you think I give a fuck about your bastard ass daughter? She's going to end up just like her daddy, dead in an alley somewhere."

"Don't ever talk about my baby!"

Vicky cried and desperately tried to pry Derek's hand from around her neck but he was too strong. He slung her to the ground, making her hit her head on the hallway table.

He lifted her up by her shirt and punched her repeatedly as if she were a grown man. With a black eye, busted lip and fractured nose, Vicky lay in the floor of her hallway crying as Derek left the house, slamming the door behind him.

"Mommy are you ok?"

"I'm fine, baby. Go back in your room, ok?"

"Ok, mommy!"

*

"What the fuck happened to you?!" Macky angrily asked, examining Vicky's face.

"Don't worry about it, Macky.." Vicky weakly sighed. She tried her best to cover her bruises but they were still very visible.

"Fuck you mean don't worry about it? I'm-"

"What can you do, Macky? What can anybody do? I just want to be left alone. I came in here to make sure you were working..." Vicky said holding her temple as she had a throbbing headache.

"You good? You look like you about to fa-" Before Macky could finish his sentence, Vicky collapsed onto the floor of the kitchen.

Macky quickly went to get help leaving Vicky one the floor. Once he returned with help, they examined her and an ambulance was called. She was rushed to the hospital where Keisha was the first to be notified.

"You're coming to stay with me. Don't argue because I don't want to hear it!"

"I wasn't going to argue..."

"Good, he's a demon and he needs to be locked up."

"Once they find him.."

"You're pressing charges? Thank God!"

"Yea."