Fourteen

"Why the fuck would you turn on the light when I'm sleeping."

"Because I can't see, Derek."

"Why you work so damn late anyway?"

"I had some things I needed to do tonight, that's all."

"Well don't do that shit no more, I don't take care of kids."

"Then I'll never ask you to watch my daughter again."

"I don't like your bitch ass sister either."

"Don't talk about my sister, Derek."

"Man, whatever. Can you go sleep on the couch cause I don't feel like being touched..."

"Whatever."

*

Two Days Later

"We missed you. Well, not really but Tyler is dumb as hell so I rather have you than him." Hillary said upon seeing Vicky in the office.

"Thanks?" Vicky said sitting up in the seat.

"Anyway, now that you're well rested you can back to work." Hillary said slamming papers down in front of her.

"Hillary, I was only off for a day.."

"Doesn't matter. Get to work." Hillary smiled and walked out of the office. Vicky moved her chair closer to the table and started on the paperwork.

After she finished, she went to give out the mail to everyone.

"Macky." She took and deep breath and called into his cell. He got up from his bed and walked to the door.

"Hey, Ms. Vicky." He said with a smile. She couldn't help but smile back. "I missed you yesterday." He whispered holding onto the bar of his cell door.

"You have a letter.." She said ignoring his comment and handing him the letter.

"Thanks." He said looking at her weird and taking the letter. She nodded and went to the next cell.

Macky shook his head and sat back down on his bed. He opened the letter and saw a drawing fell out. It was a picture his niece drew him of them both holding hands. He got up and put it on his wall. He sat back down and read the letter.

Dear Macky,
Your aunt Joyce came by the other day and is dying to see you. Whenever you come home you're going to have to go by her house. Zariah is just growing. She's always drawing because she says she wants to be just like you. I have one for you with this letter. She says its you and her. I haven't heard from Monica which is a great thing. You need a young respectable woman. Well, son I love you and make sure to write me back.

Sincerely,
Mama

Macky placed the letter with the other ones and got ready to write back. He didn't have much to say so he drew a picture. Macky loved to draw and he was amazing at it.

After he finished drawing his mother a picture, he thought about Vicky.

Vicky was starting to be all he could think about. Not just because he was surrounded by a bunch of men, but because Vicky was beautiful, she was kind and she liked him. He knew that for a fact and desperately wanted to explore that. The only holding him back was the fact that he was an inmate and she was an officer.