Eighteen

"Macky, you're moping around like you lost your best friend, what's wrong? You know, other than where you are..."

"Nothing, man. I'm good."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."

"No, he's not. Something went down with him and Ms. Vicky. I know it did, they keep avoiding eye contact and acting weird."

"You're one observant nigga..."

"Macky, is that what it is? You and Ms. Vicky..."

"Nah, not at all. Chill out with that."

"If you say so...."

*

"So tell me more about Macky." Keisha happily plopped on her couch beside Vicky.

"There's nothing to tell." Vicky shrugged.

"Victoria." Keisha said sternly. She gave Vicky a glare and sighed. "You act like I'm going to tell Derek."

"He's...an inmate." Vicky admitted with a shameful look.

"Ooh, that's sexy." Keisha said sitting back. Vicky looked at her in disbelief.

"You don't think it's weird?"

"Nah, I mean, I know I could never have your job, there's wayyy too many sexy criminals around here." She said shrugging. "So tell me about him; is he a murderer? Kidnap somebody?"

"Drug dealer..." Vicky said getting her sister to calm down.

"Oh...thats cool too."

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore." She said with a sigh.

"Why doesn't it matter?" She said with a disappointed look on her face.

"Because, I can't be with an inmate, as much as I want to..I can't." Vicky said becoming depressed all over again. Not being able to be with Macky has really made it hard to see him everyday.

"So you guys have never..." She trailed off.

"Well we kissed and we almost...ya know but I stopped before we actually did anything." Vicky let out a long breath. It felt good to talk about Macky.

"But now he's mad at me..." She explained.

"Listen, I can't tell you what to do but I do know that if there's a man in jail treating you better than the one you live with, hell get a little naughty."