Six

Part Two

"This is Officer Victoria Crane. She works along side me." Hillary informed pacing in front of the inmates.

"Hello." Vicky nodded. The inmates returned the gesture and turned their attention back to Hillary.

"She'll show you guys your lovely new suite." She said sarcastically with a chuckle. Vicky shook her head and led the men to their cells.

"Franklin, this is you...your cellmate is in the yard right now."

....

"Terrance and Steven.."

....

"And Thomas, this is your cell, you don't have a cellmate currently." Vicky said as another officer took off Macky's hand cuffs.

"Alright." He said simply and walked into the cell. Vicky closed the large metal door behind him and spoke through the bars.

"I'll be back to give you rules and your schedule later." He nodded and started to make his bed.

*

At about 3:00 the cells opened and the inmates were led to the cafeteria area. One by one, they all followed the guards. Every now and then an officer would bark a remark or threaten to hit them with their stick.

"You know, Crane, I don't know why you have this job. You're too nice." Hillary rubbed her tongue across her front teeth.

"I like my job." Vicky said simply. " and there is nothing wrong with being nice."

"Yea, ok."

...

"Ok, after you finish, you go to the yard along with Terrance and Steven.." Vicky said reading her clipboard to Macky.

"Do I have to at the same time as him?" Macky asked looking up at her.

"As wh-"

"Doesn't matter, you go when we say go!" Hillary said sternly, rudely cutting off Vicky.

"Okayyyyy...and that will be when you go everyday." Vicky finished, then mouthed, "We do change it under certain circumstances.." Macky smiled and nodded before returning his attention back to his food.

"I would wish that shit on my worst enemy." Hillary said looking at his plate in disgust.

"You don't have a lot of friends do you?" Macky said looking at her causing Vicky to snicker a bit. Hillary leaned over the table and got in his face.

"I'm not one to fuck with, Mr. Johnson. I will make your time here a living hell, is that understood?"

"Yes ma'am." Macky said biting his lip. Hillary angrily walked away calling Vicky after her.

"That bitch ugly as hell." An inmate next to Macky stated. "and she mean as fuck to Ms. Vicky."

"That's her?" He asked pointing in the direction Vicky had just went.

"Yea, Officer Crane..she doesn't like for us to call her that, tho. We call her Ms. Vicky."

"Oh ok, she didn't tell me that."

"She's not going to tell you around Officer Glover bitch ass. By the way, I'm Boe." Boe said sticking out his hand.

"Macky."

"Nice to meet you, Macky. What you in for?" He said eating his food.

"Selling drugs, you?" He asked.

"Robbed a jewelry store, a couple times."He added causing Macky to laugh.

"Well I've been in jail a couple times so they trying to say I have 3-5 but I'll be damned if I stay in here that long." Macky said shaking his head.

"Damn, how they get you?"

"That nigga..." He said pointing to Terrance. "I'm trying to avoid beating the shit outta him."

Terrance caught Macky's glare and quickly turned away. He was terrified of what Macky might do to him if he had the chance. They were already in jail.