Five

"Vicky, I can't believe you're late."
"Yea, I know. I'm sorry."
"It's fine, you've never been late before, just dot let it happen again."
"Yes, ma'am."

*

"Ms. Vicky, I can't go in the yard today."

"And why not, Joseph?"

"New cats, a bunch of them."

"So? What's wrong with new people?"

"I don't get along with 'em."

"Well, you have to go to the yard, sorry. Try to make a friend."

"This ain't recess, Ms. Vicky."

"I know, but instead of finding enemies, find friends."

"You're too nice, Ms. Vicky."

"There's nothing wrong with being nice, Joseph."

"I think being nice can get you in more trouble than anything else..."

"Really? So what nice deed did you do to ended up in here?"

"Touché."

*

"Victoria, don't take too long on your lunch break. I need to show you the new inmates you'll be in charge of." Hillary said sternly.

"Alright, why didn't you show me this morning?" Vicky asked purely out of curiosity. Usually, the new inmates are introduced in the morning, when they first arrive.

"Maybe if you could come to work on time, I could show the inmates when they are suppose to be shown." Hillary barked in a severely harsh voice.

"Ok, Hillary. I was just asking." Vicky left the office and went into the lounge.

*

"I need a fucking vacation." Vicky mumbled to herself as she tried to insert her dollar into the vending machine.

"Victoria, don't take too long on your lunch break." She mocked as she continuously tried to get the dollar to into the vending machine.

"Fuck it!" She said snatching the dollar and plopping on the couch. "I wasn't hungry anyway..."

Just then, two of her co-workers walked into the lounge.

"Hey, Vicky. You looked stressed...new inmates giving you trouble, huh?"

"No, I haven't met them yet. Today is just not my day."

"Oh, well it'll get better. Hey, is the vending machine working?"

"Yea, but you need a really crisp dollar, it wouldn't take mine."

"Let me see.."

Vicky handed her co-worker the dollar and watched as they straightened it out completely. They then inserted it inside the machine and it didn't come back out.

"What did you want?"

"I really hate my life. Even vending machines don't like me."

She laughed getting up. She pressed in the code and grabbed her bag of chips. She sat back down on the couch and watched television until it was time for her to meet the new inmates.

----------------------------------------------
I will be uploading this book in parts, five chapters at a time. This part one. Comment and tell me what you think. It will really motivate me while writing part two! 😁