Thirty One

"I've heard so much about you!" Keisha said pulling Macky into a hug. "He is cute!"

"Thank you." He said laughing. "I've heard a lot about you, too. She is loud.." He joked. Keisha playfully hit Vicky's arm and they all sat on the couch.

"Let me see the bling! Let me see!" She excitedly cheered. Vicky happily waved her ring in Keisha's face.

"You like it?" Vicky asked cheesing.

"I love it! Macky, you must be ballin'!"

"You could say that." He smirked at Vicky and made her blush.

"So when's the big day?" Keisha asked sitting back in her seat.

"Uh, we don't know yet." Vicky shrugged.

"All that time y'all were together, you never talked about it?"

"Well, we weren't in the same section and when we did see each other...we had bigger concerns." Macky said grinning.

"That was too much information. But speaking of, did you hear about that girl you used to work with?"

"Hillary? Yea, she got caught fornicating with the inmates." Vicky said with a chuckle.

"How did you two never get caught?" She asked curiously.

"It was the slush." Macky shrugged causing Vicky to laugh. Keisha just looked at them with a confused look.

"I can't take the prison talk."

*

"Let's go to the beach.."

"The beach? Now?"

"Yea, we can take Mya and Zariah. And your mom if she wants to come."

"Well, alright. But, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How come you waited for me? Even after we got moved?"

"Because, you said it yourself, it was the slush."

"You were the only thing keeping me alive in there."

"Well, I'm glad I could do that for you."

"We probably shouldn't tell our kids how we met..."

"Nah, we can lie to them."

"That's a good idea."

*

"Vicky, can I tell you something?" Macky's mother said as she packed her bags for the beach.

"Sure, Ms. Johnson."

"I want you to call me mama. My son really loves you and he says you were the only thing giving him hope while he was away." She said sitting beside her on the bed.

"I really love your son and I would love to call you mama." Vicky said with a smile.

"You know, I may have lost a son but I've gained a beautiful daughter."

*****
Macky and Vicky went on to raise three children of their own. They also went on to start their own business a become one of the richest couples in New York. They founded several charities, including one that works to stop domestic violence and police brutality and promote love and they named it 'Slush'.

-------------------------
The End