Chapter 3

When she arrived home, Miyu was greeted by her family. She behaved as normally as she could towards them, although her mother and older brother looked at her with questioning eyes.

"It's nice that you're here. I'd like to take a photo with you!" her father smiled, which made Miyu turn pale. He wanted what? "W..Why...?" she wanted to know and felt his arm around her shoulder. "Because I don't have a photo with you in your new uniform yet!" her father grinned.

Her heart was racing while her mother was already standing around with a camera. Miyu didn't feel good at all. She didn't want a photo with her ugly face in it. She just wanted to get out of here.

"No...I...don't..." she said quietly. "Huh? Why not? You're my daughter and I want a nice photo with you." her father replied and pressed her a little closer to him. "Come on Miyu, a photo, that's all I want."

The young girl, who had pulled her hair back a little, swallowed softly. A gesture that her mother and Akiteru had noticed very quickly. The two of them had often noticed that Miyu was hiding.

They had often noticed that she wasn't acting strangely and had even looked at women on the internet. They didn't quite know why exactly. But they both knew that something was wrong with her and that it had something to do with school.

"It's only for the family." promised her mother, which is why Miyu looked at her briefly and finally gave in. If it was only for the family, Miyu wanted to make them a little happy.

Exhaling softly, Miyu took the strands of hair out of her face and stood up a little straighter. Her eyes turned to the camera, which her mother had held up again to capture the moment.

"Please smile." the blonde-haired woman said, although Miyu only raised the corners of her mouth to make it look a little like a smile. At that moment, her mother clicked the button as a flash of lightning appeared, which blinded Miyu a little.

"Those are cute." smiled Akiteru, who had briefly looked at the picture, which Miyu could not emphasize. This picture would never look cute.

"Please don't show it to anyone..." asked the girl, who had torn herself away from her father to go to her room. "Miyu!" her brother called after her, which she ignored and closed the door to her room.

Tears gathered in her eyes, which she immediately wiped away. Her family could do without all these comments. She was neither cute nor beautiful. No matter what her family would say.

Her eyes turned to a magazine full of different models. They were things Miyu had started looking at to feel at least a little better about herself. But she didn't. Because none of these women could help her with her looks. A look that she had had since birth and couldn't change just like that.