Chapter 70

The rain had started when Miyu left the house

The rain had started when Miyu left the house. She looked up at the dark sky as she listened to the sound. She remembered the rainy day when she had shared an umbrella with Tooru. But today the rain didn't want to give her a pleasant breeze. Although, Miyu had been given the training jacket back then. So in reality it was just as chilly as it was now.

Already completely soaked, Miyu stood on the sidewalk to his house. She had never noticed how big the entrance actually was and that they even had a large garden here. Probably because it hadn't been important to her.

"Miyu! What are you doing here?" asked Tooru, who was wearing his volleyball gear and, from the looks of it, was running. At first, Miyu thought he was back with his nephew Takeru with the other children he had been training.

"Were you waiting for me?" the boy asked, grinning and full of joy, which Miyu couldn't quite agree with. "No..." she replied quietly and without looking at him. "Hm, let's go inside. Otherwise you'll catch a cold. You're already wet enough."

As if by magic, Tooru walked past her and Miyu stopped. "I was with your father." she revealed to him and turned around. "How...why?" Tooru asked and could already guess.

"I made a decision and told him about it earlier." Miyu began to speak and swallowed slightly because it was more difficult than expected. "I realized that this can't work out between us."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Tooru asked, raising his eyebrow. "About how there are better women than me." Miyu said, causing Tooru to laugh in confusion for a moment.

"Why are you bringing this up again? Did my old man talk you into telling me? There are no other women for me." Tooru spoke directly and with an honest tone. He did have a girlfriend once, but she had taken advantage of him without a guilty conscience.

That's why he didn't really like Kaede, who somehow wanted to take advantage of Miyu to make herself look better. "Yes, there is. And everyone is more beautiful than me! You can have any model, any lawyer with a strong character!"

Miyu started to speak a little louder now that the rain had become louder. Her bright eyes were fixed directly on his brown ones, which had an angry spark in them. "I am a simple girl from a simple family! I can't give you anything, nor give you anything real! Your world is not like mine!"

"Stop it!" Tooru yelled a little. "Stop badmouthing yourself again! When are you going to get it through your head that you're as perfect as you are for me! I don't want a model! I don't want another woman! You're more beautiful than anyone else I know! And how many times do I have to tell you that I love you for your character and not for your looks!"

Miyu's whole body trembled. All her emotions were boiling over as she suppressed her tears. Yes, he had said it. Over and over again. But it wasn't enough.

"I can't give you what you want!" came from Miyu a little louder now. Her voice slowly took on a tone that was totally unfamiliar to Tooru.

Miyu was embarrassed, shy and unsure about a lot of things. But here she was loud, brave and determined. A completely different person. However, Tooru didn't know this side of her and realized how serious she actually was.

"No matter what my father said! I will go to him now. I won't accept this!" he said, which Miyu wanted to avoid at all costs. "We love each other. He can't just decide about our relationship like that." The brown-haired man laughed and was about to turn around.

"It was a lie." Miyu said, which made Tooru freeze. As if in slow motion, he turned to face her. "What...?"

"It was all a lie. I thought I could go on with it, but your father realized it before you did. I faked everything for you. I used you to build my brand. Your mother came in handy." Miyu said now, while a loud thunder interrupted her briefly.

"You...are lying..." Tooru breathed, unable to believe that Miyu would do such a thing. She had never lied in her life. It simply couldn't be that he had fallen for his own girlfriend again.

"I never loved you." Miyu spoke in another tone of voice that Tooru had never heard from her. Was that really the truth?

His body, also soaked, was frozen. His eyes were fixed on hers, underlining this statement. Not a single tear was visible, which had only hurt him even more.

"It's out now. It's over." said Miyu, who had slowly turned around and faced him. Completely stunned, Tooru stood behind her. Not believing that Miyu had really lied to him during their almost three-year relationship.

"Miyu..." he breathed softly, which the pink-haired girl could clearly hear under the rain. Biting her teeth, tears ran from her eyes, which she didn't want to show Tooru when she told her first and only big lie.

She knew that she had hurt herself the most. But in order to protect Tooru and escape his father's further actions, this was probably the only decision she could make.

"I'm...so sorry..." thought Miyu, who would probably never see Tooru again from today on.