Chapter 45

As a result of the incident, Kaede had decided to leave school for a while to undergo therapy. She had realized that her behaviour was not good and had apologized to everyone she had lied to and pretended with. The black-haired girl had also apologized to Oikawa, as she had tried to get him away from Miyu, of whom she was jealous.

For Miyu herself, this topic was closed. She thought it was good that Kaede was now taking care of herself and had even left school to do so. She didn't know how long the therapy lasted.

But Kaede had to make up for many years in which she had fallen into a hole that had been exacerbated by the bulimia. The students had taken the subject quite well and hadn't talked about it. Here Miyu could see that high school was really different from what she had thought.

There were some childish students, but it was more for fun and not bullying. They occasionally laughed a little when another student was clumsy, but it was never meant in a negative way.

Miyu got on better and better with Oikawa and was invited over for a big meal by his mother. She had also invited her daughter, who had come along with her son.

The fact that Miyu was not part of this family made her feel really comfortable. The atmosphere was suitably calm. And from what Miyu could tell, Oikawa's nephew was really getting to him. His manner was actually similar to Iwaizumi's.

Of course, the subject of perfume had also been one of the things Oikawa's mother had brought up. As a gift that Miyu had taken with her, it was the scented candle that she wanted.

Miyu was happy that this woman wanted to help her realize her dream. She had offered to display the products Miyu made in her stores to give her a helping hand. Something Miyu had gratefully accepted and she had hardly been able to keep her smile off her face.

Even Oikawa had smiled when he saw the happy face of his friend, who had hardly shown this gesture at school. But this way he could see how important this relationship and the opinions of other people were to her.

On the whole, the first school year went relatively well. The exceptions were the unpleasant situations, which Miyu had slowly forgotten over time and no longer wanted to think about.

Miyu wouldn't see Reisuke, Koji, Tamaki and Kaede for a while, so Miyu could concentrate on school and her loyal friends all by herself. Friends she had made through Oikawa, who had dragged the pink-haired girl to several volleyball matches.