Chapter 73

Miyu exhaled softly as she stood in front of the building with two suitcases, waiting for her cab. She had lived in this neighborhood for three years and had clearly learned something. Several memories came into her head, which made her smile slightly. It reminded her of when she had tried to furnish the apartment with Shimizu and things had gone wrong.

Even when she had made her scented candles. In the beginning, the ventilation had been so bad that it had smelled of candle wax everywhere. And it was precisely this place that Miyu would be leaving today. She would probably never come back here again.

Miyu exhaled again. "Nah then..." came out of her mouth and turned away from the building to wait for the cab on the sidewalk below. A cool breeze appeared at this time of the afternoon, which Miyu wanted to enjoy.

She had managed the previous night relatively well on her own. Her Shimizu was missing, but Miyu wanted to manage on her own. Especially since she would soon be going to Tokyo and living alone.

"Miyu!" a familiar voice called out, making her gulp. Her eyes were fixed on the street so she didn't have to see his face. Why was he here? Why did he show up?

"Miyu, why did you lie to Oikawa?" the boy asked directly. "Why did you lie to him and hurt him?" Iwaizumi wanted to know. Of course, it was clear that he would defend his best friend. Shimizu would do the same for her.

"I would never have thought of you like that." Iwaizumi admitted and realized that Miyu no longer had her hair braided to the side. It fell into her face, just like it used to. Her hands were resting on the handles of the suitcases, which had tightened a little.

"Miyu? Are you alright?" asked Iwaizumi, who found her actions and her current gesture quite different. To him, this girl didn't look like she was relieved about anything.

"Yes. I'm just waiting for my cab." Miyu said without looking at him and glanced briefly at the street. Several cars drove past her, where she hoped to see her cab. She just wanted to get out of here. To get some distance, even if Iwaizumi couldn't help it.

"So you're really leaving Idiotenkawa?" the black-haired man wanted to know. "Yes, do you have a problem with that?" Miyu asked back and swallowed a little herself. In order for Tooru to believe this lie, she had to lie to Iwaizumi as well. If she didn't, it would all have been for nothing.

A few seconds passed and no one said anything. The cab pulled onto the sidewalk slightly as the driver had already picked up her suitcases. Actually, she could also take the bus. But with her luggage, a cab was a little more comfortable.

"Oh yes. It would be nice if you didn't make contact with me." Miyu, who had opened the car door, said. Iwaizumi shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe you've been pretending to everyone. You want to isolate yourself from everyone."

"It's better for everyone." the pink-haired girl said quietly. "For you or Oikawa?" Iwaizumi wanted to know. He realized that Miyu didn't want to have any contact with the others just because of Oikawa. They were all connected.

Not answering his question, because it would be even harder for her anyway, Miyu got into the cab. Iwaizumi, who had been at a distance next to her, suddenly appeared in front of the window after she had closed the door. He wanted to see her face at least once before he never saw her again.

Her face should show him and tell him what had come out of her mouth. However, it was hard to tell because Miyu couldn't really give him the opportunity. But when she had to lift her head a little to say something to the driver, he caught a glimpse of her face.

And then he realized one thing. Miyu had lied for a reason and left Oikawa because his father had had a hand in it. "Shit..." whispered the ace, who knew very well that he didn't want to drag Miyu's decision into the mud and interfere.