Chapter 29

"Hey, Miyu." Reisuke greeted the girl who was standing at her locker to put her books in. "Did Tamaki apologize?" he asked immediately, without Miyu saying anything back. The girl briefly thought about what Reisuke had been talking about before she opened her mouth in recognition.

Tamaki, whose name Miyu had never memorized, was the boy who had insulted her as a slut. Because he had once said something obvious about it at school and Oikawa had also thrown something at him, it didn't take long for Reisuke to realize everything.

"Yes, he even knelt down..." Miyu said, embarrassed. It took place a little away from the school so that no one would notice. Miyu had only accepted the apology with the request that he should watch his choice of words in the future.

"How did he really...?" Reisuke asked in surprise. "Yeah, why?" Reisuke laughed and could hardly imagine this behavior. "Actually, I meant it as a joke, since he humiliated you. But I didn't think he would really do it."

"I found it...embarrassing..." she admitted openly, closing her locker on the side as she had to go to her part-time job. Since there were some exams today and no more classes in the afternoon, she had taken the middle shift.

"What are you doing tonight?" asked Reisuke, which Miyu found confusing. "Going home, why?"

Smiling slightly, Reisuke looked at the girl. He had one of the last opportunities to meet her alone today. "Good, then I'll ask you out on a date."

"D...D...date...?" Miyu stuttered, feeling totally helpless. Never in her life had she been asked out on a date? "Yes, I have to tell you something before it's too late." he explained. Behind him, he didn't notice how Oikawa had gotten upset and was beaten by Iwaizumi.

"Ehm..okay..." Miyu simply accepted the offer. She liked Reisuke and knew that he wouldn't do anything bad. At least not something like Koji and Tamaki.

"Well, then I'll pick you up at the cafe. Five o'clock?" he asked to be on the safe side. "Uh-huh..." Miyu nodded in agreement and recognized the smile on his face. Somehow it made her a little uncomfortable.

"I'm glad!" smiled the third grader, who finally said goodbye and left. Miyu could still clearly hear his sigh of relief. Had it been so difficult for him to ask her out?