Chapter 31

Oikawa behaved extremely strangely over the next few days. Because no matter what Miyu wanted to say to him, he ignored her. He had actually always been open towards her. Perhaps it was because Miyu must have hurt him somehow. But with what?

The fact that Oikawa was always training with the volleyball team made it difficult to get close to him. Especially because Miyu had to keep going back to the cafe to earn the money she needed.

The only one who found the behavior stupid was Iwaizumi. He had insulted Oikawa during training and somehow tried to get him to talk to Miyu. For Oikawa, his own behavior was relatively clear. He had also noticed that Miyu no longer smelled of the typical perfume. Possibly she did because he hadn't liked that smell to begin with. But by being able to talk to his mother, he found this slightly flowery smell wonderful on Miyu.

"Did you hear that? Miyu has turned Reisuke down." , some girls whispered as Oikawa came out of the gym and threw on her jacket. "What, really? But Reisuke looks really good."

Confused by this, Oikawa looked after the girls. Were they telling the truth? Could it really be that he had misunderstood this evening?

The story was that Oikawa had been secretly following Miyu. Not because he was afraid something might happen to her, but because he simply wanted to know what was going on between her and Reisuke. After Koji and Tamaki, he was worried about her.

He could see the two of them talking from a distance. He could see Reisuke's smile when Miyu blushed. From then on, it was clear to Oikawa that they must have confessed their love for each other.

"Ow! Iwa-chan!" came out of his mouth shortly afterwards when his best friend hit him. "You really are an ass!" Iwaizumi scolded. "I thought I was an idiot..." the boy grumbled. "You want me to call you idiotkawa again?"

"Okay, okay...then I'd rather be an ass..." the brown-haired boy mumbled and only recognized a shake of his friend's head. "You're always jumping to conclusions. You should actually know Miyu. She would never decide on a relationship so quickly."

Iwaizumi was right. Oikawa should have known better. Miyu was far too shy to confess her love to anyone. But she was also a bit quick-witted towards him. Otherwise, she wouldn't have yelled at him in middle school.

"Talk to her. Finally show her that you like her. And above all, tell her the truth." Iwaizumi spoke. "Why do I have to have you as a friend?" asked the brown-haired man to himself. "Because otherwise you'll only do nonsense."

He wasn't wrong. Oikawa himself knew what he could be like. He was always nice to the girls on the outside. But inside, he didn't like any of them. Except for Miyu, who never followed him around.

"Oh and, watch out for Kaede. From what I can tell, she'd do anything to make sure none of the girls get into a relationship." Iwaizumi said. "Yes, I know..." Oikawa growled a little. He had already noticed that this Kaede had destroyed several relationships in a short space of time. He didn't know exactly why she did it. But he was sure that Miyu was also in her sights.