Chapter 16

The rest of the day was over. Miyu didn't even feel like showing her mother the whole school, who had understood. At lunch, she said that her father would calm down again. It was a huge shock for him to see his daughter's new face after weeks. Miyu understood his situation. But treating her like a stranger was not exactly nice.

"I didn't see you last Friday. Where were you?" Kaede asked when school started again on Monday. "There was something in the family we had to sort out."

"Oh..." the black-haired girl nodded and looked at Miyu strangely. It was likely that she was hiding something. A girl from another class had said that Miyu and Oikawa got along pretty well.

"Tell me, is there something between Oikawa and you?" Kaede wanted to know. "No, why?" Miyu asked back, opening her locker. "You're supposed to be close."

"Ah, that..." Miyu began to speak uncertainly. "We only know each other from middle school. Nothing more." How stupid could she be? Hadn't she told Oikawa to keep it to himself?

"From middle school?" Kaede continued to look at Miyu questioningly. Tsukishima was probably not getting out of this situation. "We had nothing to do with each other. Oikawa was already one of the most popular. As far as I remember, we only spoke to each other once."

Kaede nodded in understanding, but she still wasn't sure whether Miyu really liked this boy. Her looks were sometimes clear. Although it also looked more like they had a secret. "Hm...then you don't mind if I meet up with him, do you?"

"No, why should I mind? Try your luck. If I know Oikawa, he must have quite a few girls around him."

Right now, Miyu wondered why she was talking so openly to Kaede. She was always unsure about this girl at first. "Good." Kaede smiled slightly and let the subject rest for now. Maybe she would find out more in the next few days.

"We ehm...should go to class..." said Miyu, who had closed the locker and started walking. This conversation had thrown her completely off track. Perhaps it was also because Miyu somehow saw Kaede as a friend.

When she arrived in the classroom, the girls were already standing around Oikawa, who was looking at them all with a smile. Miyu often had the feeling that this smile was just an act. In middle school, Oikawa had hurt many girls and turned them down. So far, she hadn't seen a girl by his side that he really liked.

Besides being good-looking, he had been playing volleyball for years. First at Kitagawa Daiichi and now here too, as Miyu realized. There was no denying that Oikawa was the best setter in Miyagi. Apart from Kageyama, perhaps, who had been his student.

"Good morning, Oikawa." Kaede greeted the boy, who had also started to smile at her. "Good morning, Hanagaki."

Strange. He called everyone he knew by their surname. Except for herself. There he had either used the full name or just the first name. Miyu lowered her head a little thoughtfully as she walked towards her table.

"I heard that Miyu and you have known each other since middle school. Is that true?" Kaede asked directly, causing Miyu to turn her head anxiously. "What, really?!" everyone asked, but Oikawa didn't seem to care at that moment.

His eyes were directed straight into Miyu's, who simply lowered her head again in shame.