Chapter 81

Swallowing hard, Miyu held the umbrella over her head while Tooru's damp face was pressed into her neck and his wet clothes made her shiver a little. Tears gathered in her eyes as she realized that Tooru had recognized her by the smell of the perfume and her body alone.

Actually, she wanted to keep walking and leave this man alone. But her conscience told her that he needed help. She only realized that it was Tooru when he looked her in the eye before embracing her.

"T..Tooru..." breathed the twenty-one-year-old, who simply couldn't move in his arms. Her heart raced and beat hard against her chest. She had kept her love for him until today.

"Please...don't leave me again..." Tooru begged, trembling as he held her tightly in his arms. "Please...I can't take it again..."

Miyu swallowed again as her lips trembled. She could clearly hear from his voice that he wasn't feeling well at all. What had happened to him?

"I...I tried everything. I tried to forget myself. I looked for a girlfriend, who was even my fiancée a short time ago. But...it's not the same. She's not like you..." Tooru spoke tearfully and dejectedly. He was engaged? Is that what his father wanted?

"Weeks, months, years. In all that time, I've..wondered why you were pretending to me. Why..you suddenly broke up. I..I was stupid. An Idiotkawa as Iwaizumi used to say," he continued. Miyu didn't even have the chance to say anything. How could he? Tooru was just pouring his heart out.

"When I...told my father about the breakup...he got angry. He told me not to be so stupid and run back to you. From then on, I realized that something must have happened and that I hadn't fought for you. That I...didn't fight for you and let myself go."

Miyu continued to bite her lip, but couldn't help but sob. "Tooru I..." the young woman began to say and broke off. She had promised his father something. She said that she would have no more contact. But right now, it was incredibly difficult for her.

"You lied!" he said loudly, causing Miyu to flinch briefly. His arms continued to wrap around her shoulders. "You stupid girl!" Tooru insulted her, causing Miyu to start crying.

"You should have told me. You should have told me about his blackmail. You're such a dumbass and you faked and exhausted your lie to the point that I actually believed you..." Tooru cried, never thinking in his life that he would cry like this over a woman, his girl.

"I'm...sorry..." Miyu mouthed, closing her eyes as they stung from the tears. "I...wanted to...protect you..."

"I know..." breathed the brown-haired man who had spoken to Iwaizumi about it. That day, Tooru didn't want to listen to his best friend, who had told him that Miyu was obviously in a very bad way himself. Tooru had been like a wall, rejecting everything around Miyu. He had even started to listen to his father, who had recently told him everything out of sheer anger.

"Miyu...I love you. I always have and I've never stopped. Even when I tried everything." Tooru said, slowly pulling away from her to take her face in his hands. Her eyes shimmered with the tears she had shed. She was still so beautiful.

"I...you too..." Miyu sobbed, wanting to look away from him so that she wouldn't be embarrassed by her own words. But Tooru didn't allow this, but simply pulled her face towards him to reunite their lips after three years.