Chapter 83

As they were both very tired from the long and rainy day, they had decided to go to bed. For Miyu, it had been natural for Tooru to sleep in bed with her, since they had been a couple after all. At least it had been official for her since Tooru had kissed her and everything had been settled.

"Tooru...?" Miyu whispered when she couldn't sleep and had rather looked at the ceiling in the dark. "Mhh?" the feeder grumbled softly, not wanting to sound rude at all but hoping that he could still sleep somehow.

"What...are we going to do about your father?" Miyu wanted to know from him, as she had been plagued by the thought and probably couldn't fall asleep because of it. "Instead of trying to sleep, are you thinking about it...?" asked Tooru, who had slowly rolled over.

"Mhh..." A low hum could be heard this time from Miyu, who had become slightly unsure. At the same time, she felt guilty that she couldn't let Tooru sleep because of this. "He hates me..."

Nothing could be heard from Tooru, who had been thinking for himself. He knew that his father wouldn't allow Miyu to join his family. Although Tooru was grown up enough, his father would do anything to get rid of those he didn't accept. And that was exactly what he had done with Miyu. Her loving nature had made her want to protect him and eventually leave him.

"Hm, he can't say anything else against you being in our family." Tooru said quietly and grinned a little. "But I'm not in your family..." Miyu mumbled and turned her head to the side, feeling a little embarrassed again.

Tooru couldn't see the blush, but he could certainly see it. There were many traits that Miyu would never get rid of. It had improved over the years, but her shy nature was still there.

"You're still a silly girl." came from Tooru and had an amused tone. Miyu bit her lower lip and didn't know what was so funny here. "I'm serious..." "Me too."

Not understanding what Tooru had meant, Miyu turned her head to the side again. Her face was now directly facing his. His light breath tickled her skin. "What are you... talking about?" she wanted to know and could slowly make out his outline.

She could feel his brown eyes looking directly into her yellow-gold ones. Her heart beat faster as she realized once again how much she loved him.

"Marry me." Tooru said bluntly, causing Miyu to open her mouth in shock. "W..what.", she stuttered and realized that he really meant it.

"If we get married, even my father won't be able to do anything about it." Tooru grinned. "But he...can crash the wedding..." Miyu swallowed, as she would actually like to support this plan.

Becoming Tooru's wife had already become her wish in recent years. But the separation had been a big problem. "Not if we do it in secret." came mischievously from Tooru, who had only gotten this idea thanks to her.