Chapter 33

"You're ugly, Miyu!"

"You're fat, Miyu!"

"How can you look like that?!"

"I'd kill myself with a face like that!"

"Glutton!"

Many of these comments were part of the everyday life of the primary school pupil, who had put on weight due to her frustration. She hadn't been the thinnest person since she was little. But her weight was relatively normal.

It was just that other children didn't think so and considered her normal weight to be overweight. Of course Miyu liked to eat. Of course she ate sweets to make herself feel good. But the pupils were just cruel.

By being insulted every day, Miyu had started to think about her body. She thought about what she could do to become at least a little thinner so that these comments would stop.

Again and again, the girl observed the other students. She began to measure her girth and compare it with others. She had always been criticized for her eating, which is why Miyu wanted to start there.

But not in the way a doctor would say or recommend. No, as a young girl, you don't think about it too much or for too long. Immediately after eating, the primary school pupil went to the toilet to throw up.

How exactly did she do it?

Well, Miyu stuck her index finger, sometimes together with her middle finger, into her mouth until it reached her throat to make her gag. This act made her feel sick, so Miyu spat and gagged out the excess food.

Miyu hadn't thought much about how it would harm her body. It wasn't until Shimizu noticed it once that Miyu realized it hadn't been the best idea. Bulimia was the name given to this illness when an eating disorder had set in.

Since Miyu didn't want her parents to find out and she had to go to therapy, she had been more concerned with changing her body in a different way. And Miyu had to keep at it until she was satisfied.

Discipline was paramount, which is why it was difficult for her mother to prepare other dishes for Miyu alone. Care was taken to ensure that she got her nutrients, but they were put together in such a way that Miyu would lose weight rather than gain it.

At the same time, Miyu started to do some sport. Not much, but jogging was enough to shed the pounds. Funnily enough, Shimizu had always gone jogging with her because she had become interested in hurdling. This meant that Miyu had someone with her who supported her in everything.

Thanks to her best friend and her mother's cooking skills, Miyu had put bulimia out of her mind pretty quickly. But Miyu also knew that this illness should not be underestimated. Should she meet a person with a similar fate at some point in her life, she wouldn't hesitate for a second to look.