Chapter 32

Rumor has it that Kaede went to the toilet every time after lunch to brush his teeth. A habit that was normal for many people. But the girls found it strange, as Kaede had probably said that she rarely put on weight. Miyu hadn't thought about this because her brothers, for example, could eat a lot but never put on weight.

She didn't have that privilege herself. Even earlier, Miyu had to watch what she ate and had put on a little more weight before puberty. She had never really dieted. Instead, she did more sport and watched what she ate.

"Yes, I saw her go to the toilet earlier." said two girls who passed Miyu, who had a free period after lunch. She wanted to use this time to study outside, which had sometimes been neglected.

Miyu actually wanted to follow Shimizu's new and final advice and not worry about Kaede. But she had a strange feeling, because the girls were blaspheming her, so to speak. Miyu knew this blasphemy. If Kaede noticed it herself, she might hide in the toilet to avoid it.

Perhaps Miyu was being a little naive again. To believe that Kaede was not feeling well because of the comments and had found an excuse. The pink-haired girl exhaled quietly and made her way to the toilet, feeling strange.

There were things that Miyu couldn't look away from. It was the same in kindergarten when some children had laughed at Shimizu for wearing glasses. Shimizu had been the first in the circle to wear them. And because Miyu had wanted to defend her best friend, she hadn't been able to keep her mouth shut.

Miyu had never been offensive. No one had ever put her down. Only her words and her commitment had been enough to stop Shimizu being annoyed. And somehow Miyu now had the feeling that the karma at elementary school had returned. The bullying and laughing at her had happened there.

When she reached the toilet, Miyu quietly opened the door. She didn't want to be too loud if Kaede cried, so that she wouldn't get angry. A quick glance was enough to see that Kaede had locked herself in a cubicle after she was sure that no one else had been there.

Miyu continued to remain silent. Kaede's behavior was really strange right now. It didn't look like she was brushing her teeth at all. Or had she done it earlier?

Since Miyu couldn't hear any whining, she was sure that Kaede wasn't listening to the blasphemy and was behaving normally. For that reason alone, Miyu turned to leave before she could hear a noise just before the door.

A coughing and choking sound could be heard, which made Miyu freeze. Her head automatically turned towards the cabins, which were empty except for Kaede. Miyu had been right about her feeling.

After less than a minute, during which Miyu hadn't moved, Keade came out of the cabin before looking into hers with widened eyes. "Kaede..you...", Miyu started to say and for the very first time heard a sound from her that she wouldn't have believed.

"This is none of your business!"