Chapter 13

Due to all the introductions and further information, the first lesson was over very quickly, which is why there was a slightly longer break afterwards. According to the English teacher, you should take the opportunity to sign up for a club if you already had one in mind.

For Miyu, however, it meant looking for a club that interested her. In order to find it more quickly, the fifteen-year-old ran to the secretary's office to inquire. In doing so, she ignored the students who had spoken positively about her.

"Excuse me." Miyu approached an older woman, who immediately looked at her. "I'm looking for a chemistry club or something similar. Is there such a thing?" Miyu wanted to know and was looked at thoughtfully. "Hm, there used to be a club like that. But the room isn't actually used anymore. So if you're interested, I can give you an application for it."

"That would be nice." Miyu smiled slightly and received the form she had filled out. "Maybe there will be other students this year who are interested. If so, I will send them to you."

Miyu nodded gratefully as she handed in the form and thanked her once more before leaving the room. Being the only one in a club could be good, but it could also be bad. But at least Miyu could find and have a club that she enjoyed.

"Miyu Tsukishima, then..." she heard a voice next to her say. Goosebumps spread over her body as Miyu recognized the person without looking. "So it really is you. Your reaction just now is clear."

Miyu, who had now turned her gaze to him, swallowed softly. Tooru Oikawa stood leaning against the wall, his hands clasped loosely in his trouser pockets.

"And don't pretend you don't recognize me now." Oikawa said immediately and pushed himself away from the wall to walk towards her. Miyu had to tilt her head back slightly, as she wasn't as tall as her father like Kei or Akiteru.

"Yes...I already recognized you..." Miyu admitted and turned her gaze away from him as best she could. A gesture that Oikawa hadn't understood at all. As far as he knew, Miyu had never been shy. At least not when he had approached her because of the smell of perfume. Back then, Miyu had literally shouted at him and asked why it was so bad to wear a scent. A moment he couldn't forget.

"Please don't tell anyone. I don't want anyone to know that we went to the same middle school." Miyu asked the boy straight away. "That's difficult. Iwaizumi will know you too. After all, he went to the same school."

That was true. But Iwaizumi, like him, wasn't interested in what was going on with the girls. They probably didn't even know what she was going through. Just as Miyu was about to open her mouth to ask him again, Oikawa grinned.

"But I won't tell anyone else. Apparently something has happened to change your face." Oikawa spoke and walked slowly past her.

"Even if I don't know what it was. Those who know you from before will recognize what you did." he gave her a little tip and left Miyu alone in the hallway.