Chapter 35

At the end of the school day, Miyu had done something she would never do. With her shy demeanor, which she had developed in public and had improved from time to time, the high school student stood in front of the gymnasium. Well, more like halfway leaning against the wall next to the entrance, as she hadn't dared to go in.

The squeaking of the gym shoes and the bouncing of the balls could be heard, which was why Miyu had waited patiently until the training session was over. Deep in instinct, she bit her lower lip and searched for some words she could say.

Her head was slightly lowered, causing strands of her hair to fall and cover her face. Her fingers tapped around on her thigh as she pressed herself further against the wall. Maybe some would think she was stalking here. But Miyu only had the basic knowledge of volleyball since Akiteru had sometimes told her something. Kei was not someone with many words. Miyu would hardly have gotten anything out of him anyway, but rather a provocative comment.

Deep in thought, the sun began to set, which slowly brought the training to an end. A few laughs could be heard, which Miyu had only vaguely heard. She wondered if her feelings for Oikawa were really what they said they were.

"Hey Oikawa, there's a girl waiting for you!" someone called out loudly and then disappeared. Probably so she could go home. "Oh man...why can't they just leave me alone. I'm trying to sort it out nicely..." whined the person addressed, who had come out accompanied by someone and had immediately received a short blow.

"Ouch...Iwa-chan, stop hitting me!" whined the player and recognized a short nod from his head in the said direction before he simply disappeared. Not realizing why he had left him alone, he looked at the waiting girl, who was lost in thought.

"Look, the silly girl is here." he addressed Miyu, who automatically reacted to this nickname and looked at him. "Oh, you're done..." came from her, which made Oikawa smile. "Where were you with your thoughts again?"

"Hm...everywhere..." Miyu shrugged her shoulders and pushed herself away from the wall to stand opposite him. Miyu let her arms disappear behind her back and unobtrusively grabbed her backpack with her fingers.

"I...can we talk?" Miyu rephrased her original sentence a little. She actually wanted to talk about the feeling that was hidden deep inside her. "About what?" Oikawa wanted to know and spoke as if he wasn't really interested.

"About Reisuke?" he asked, causing Miyu to open her mouth slightly. Why was he talking about him now? "Uh-huh..." That was all that could be heard from Miyu. Her eyes now turned away from Oikawa, who could only shake his head. Sometimes she really was beyond help.

"Let's talk when we go home." he said, not wanting to torture Miyu any longer. She felt relieved, which was why she only nodded.