Chapter 42

Having met Oikawa on the way to school, Miyu had decided to keep the relationship a secret and had dragged her boyfriend into a small store and pulled a mask off the shelf. "You really want to walk around with a mask on?" asked the playback operator with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes..." Miyu now mumbled uncertainly and heard an exhalation from him. "Then I'll wear it."

"What no. It was my idea, so I'll wear the mask." Miyu said quickly and snatched back the mask that Oikawa had taken. "No, me." he scolded back, which was really childish.

Looking into each other's eyes, the pair laughed a little. "We'll just both put one on." Oikawa suggested, to which Miyu agreed and the two of them walked to school holding hands and wearing masks. Not at all conspicuous.

Even as Miyu approached the school building, she felt more than just stupid. As if no one would notice who was under the mask. Her hair was conspicuous and Oikawa was wearing his training clothes.

"Let's leave it." hissed Miyu, who had let go of his hand, pulled the mask off her face and simply walked away. Behind her, all that could be heard was a cheerful laugh from Oikawa, who thought the behavior was stupid himself. "You really are a silly girl!"

In class and at school itself, they behaved quite normally. Well, as normal as they could be. It was clear to Miyu that the relationship would not remain a secret for long. There were many students who had secretly talked about what was going on between Miyu and Oikawa.

"Cooperation is important. I want you to think in pairs about how to be thrifty in the future and what impact it will have on the world." Her economics teacher was sometimes really strange. Sometimes he would come up with topics that you would have to tackle as an adult. Before anyone could say anything, he began to divide the students.

"Oikawa and Tsukishima." he said, which is why the two of them were now looking at each other. "Or is there a problem?" the teacher wanted to know, which made Miyu uncertain. There would be a lot of questions about this work anyway.

Her eyes turned to Kaede, who had a questioning and slightly knowing look on her face. As far as Miyu knew, she had been very careful with Oikawa all day. They also remained discreet in the canteen. "Mh..well..."

"I thought because you get on well and there's something between you that it would be easier." the teacher explained, stirring up conversation among the students. Oikawa remained very relaxed, which Miyu also wanted to be. But there were a lot of things in her head about the past. So far, she could trust Oikawa and didn't want to undermine his appreciation.

"It's not a problem. I can manage with my boyfriend." Miyu now said and even Oikawa looked at her with wide eyes. Miyu swallowed softly as she slowly put her head down on the table and hid it under her arms. So she shouldn't have revealed the relationship after all.