Chapter 64

It had been difficult for Miyu to cheer up her friend, who had met Ushijima after the match. The latter had told Tooru to his face that he would rather have gone to Shiratorizawa, which wasn't exactly a nice comment. What's more, Miyu didn't really know how to cheer someone like that up. She wasn't familiar with it and had more or less kept quiet.

According to Iwaizumi, it had been her best decision. Because every player dealt with defeat differently and didn't want to hear any cheering words. Especially not Tooru, for example, who had looked ahead and wanted to learn from it.

The fact that the spring tournament was no longer open to this team meant that they were more likely to study for school and continue training on the side. Learning was particularly important for the third graders who would be leaving school this summer.

This also meant that Miyu had to put her fragrances and new creations on the back burner. Without good grades and a degree, she could forget about her studies. These studies had been important to her and she would be disappointed in herself if she failed.

"It's a shame that you're leaving us soon." Miharu, who had been working with Miyu in the café, said. Today it was quieter than before, which made Miyu happy. Because when she had started here, there had been a big rush of young men who wanted something from her and had therefore bought something.

Today, however, Miyu was happily spoken for, which meant that not so many guests had come here. It was a bit negative for sales, but it was better than the cafe falling apart because of the crowd.

"Me too. It was always nice to work here." Miyu smiled slightly and was in the middle of cleaning the equipment. "Does your friend actually know what you're up to?" Miharu wanted to know.

"No... I was going to tell him as soon as I got my place at university and was accepted." Miyu said. She didn't want to say something that wouldn't happen in the end. "I see, and him?"

"Mh...I think he's still doing something with volleyball." Miyu said thoughtfully, believing that Tooru would still contribute a lot to the sport.

The conversation over, Miyu continued with her work as two new guests arrived and stood in front of the counter. "How can I help you?" asked Miyu, who immediately looked up and had to swallow briefly.

"By talking to you." spoke Tooru's father, who was accompanied by his advisor or something similar.