4

I quickly put the sweatshirt in my lap to make it seem like it was mine and I didn't steal his, even though I didn't, it just showed up.

"Oh- Ummm, h-hi." I wave nervously and mentally slap myself.

"Is my sweatshirt comfortable?" I was shocked that he knew I had his sweatshirt.

"OH umm. Sorry... I-I didn't ta-take it, I just-" I was rambling on nervously until I heard him laugh.

"It's fine, I know you didn't take it. You looked cold on the bus so I gave it to you." He shrugged and sat down next to me.

My heart felt like it jumped out of my chest. How did I not notice? Frick my forgetful self.

"Oh..." I say, trying to be as non-awkward as I could. "So, what brings you up here?" I continue, trying to break the silence.

"Well, I have seen you up here before, so I came up."

He came up... because... of me?????

I can't get myself to say anything, I just look at him, stunned.

"Hello," he says, whilst waving his hand in front of my face. "Anyone there?"

"Oh- yeah.. Sorry."

"Why do you apologize so much?" he said, his voice sweet.

I stopped, my stomach filling with butterflies. Do I really say sorry that much? "Um- I- I don't know." I couldn't help but stutter.

His gaze was intent. "You seriously don't have to do that."

That really lifted my spirit a little. "Sorry." I say teasingly and shrug my shoulders.

He clicks his tongue, and smiles, amused. We lay back on the ground and look at the clouds in a comfortable silence. We turned towards each other at the same time and made eye contact. He gave the most adorable smile and I blushed a little while smiling back. (my heart ahhhh) We continued like this for a moment and then I noticed he glanced down at my lips before looking me in the eyes again. He moved towards me slowly.

Suddenly, we heard the bell ring and we both shot up and brushed ourselves off. "I uhmm should- we should get going to umm class," he chuckled nervously.

"Oh um, yeah sure." We walked over to the door and he helped me down. Just as we were about to part ways I remembered something. "Oh, Hyunjin wait," I held out his sweatshirt to him. "Here you go."

"It's fine. You can give it to me tomorrow. It's cold here today and you didn't bring one." He waved and walked to his next class.

I was red as a tomato as I thought about what happened on the roof while I pulled his sweatshirt over my head. Did we just almost kiss??

~~~

i'm sorry these chapters are so short 😭