20

I missed the bus, so Hyunjin insisted on walking me all the way home. Our walk to my house was a very nice walk, since the weather was pretty good today.

We got to my house and he kissed me goodbye on the forehead.

I walked inside only to be greeted with a glare from my mother.

I swallowed hard.

"H- hi, mom. . ."

"I don't have time for this anyway, so let's get to the point. Who was that?" She said intimidatingly.

My lips curled inward in panic as I tried to think of something. There is literally no excuse, he saw him kiss me on the forehead. Defeated, I took a deep breath.

"He's- my boyfriend."

My mom's mouth dropped slightly. What? Is she that surprised? Wow, even my own mom didn't think I'd pull anyone.

"Why so surprised?" I said, slightly scared.

"Why didn't you tell me?" A bright smile appeared on her face, as she walked towards me, arms outstretched, signaling a hug.

I laughed, relieved as I hugged her back. She broke the hug and looked at me. "My little girl is all grown up," she said sadly. "So, when can I meet him?"

"Uhh, I don't know."

"Well, find out. I'm prepared to cook a banquet for him. Oh, also, he better treat you right, or I'm going to kick him out."

"Okay, okay mom. Now let me go do my homework."

~~~

Stalker 🥰

Heyy

Hey, what's up

So my mom found out about you. . .

Oh uhhh

Everything okay?

Yeah, actually, she wants you over for dinner sometime

OH NICE LET'S GO

~~~

Hyunjin agreed to come over the next day for dinner.

I ran downstairs to tell my mom.

"Hey mom, Hyunjin agreed to come over for dinner sometime. What day are you planning on doing that?"

"Umm, maybe this weekend?"

"Okay, thanks!" I hopped back up the stairs and finished my homework. Before I knew it, I was drifting off to sleep.

~

I woke up and got ready for school that day. I made my way out of the door and shortly after I started walking, I met Hyunjin.

"My mom wants you over Saturday, does that work?"

"One second, let me check my schedule." He pulled out his phone. "Yeah I'm free. 

I chuckle, "There's no way you actually have a schedule."

"How would you know?"

"Because you never do."

"And?"

I grabbed his phone and held it to his face to open it. On his calendar, he had two things every day, 'Pick up Nabi from home,' and 'Text/call Nabi.'

I looked up at him as he smiled. "See? I do have a schedule." He raised his chin up proudly, not breaking eye contact.

I felt myself smiling at him. "You are so cute."

His cheeks flushed slightly. "Let's keep walking."

He grabbed my hand as we continued down the sidewalk. Our hands swung back and forth in pattern with our feet as both of us smiled, and neither of us acknowledged it. 

It's moments like these I will cherish forever and never forget. These precious moments. Happiness combined with love is a great feeling.

But, do I even want this feeling? My happiest moments are long gone. Happiness only comes and goes. Maybe I shouldn't feel happy, so I won't get hurt again.