7

"Are- are you alright?" He spoke with a soft voice. So soft that I didn't register that he spoke as I stared into his dark eyes that looked like the night sky and twinkled like the stars.

"I- yeah, I'm... yeah," he helped me stand up but didn't remove his hands from my waist. I looked up at him as he stared down into my eyes. 

We stayed like this for a moment until I realized that I still needed to get eggs. I stepped out of his hands and looked down while rubbing my arm. "We sho- I should go get those eggs." I thought I saw hurt flash across his eyes but it was gone in a flash.

"Oh, yeah..."

This time there is silence but instead of being comfortable, it feels slightly awkward. We reach the store and I get the eggs. Before we check out, he asks me, "Do you want anything? I'm hungry."

Suddenly, I remember that I haven't eaten anything today. "Sure, I'm pretty hungry too."

We get our ramen and sit at the table in the convenience store. "What is your favorite color?" he randomly asks.

"Ummm.. I'm not sure. I know this sounds generic, but pink. How about you?"

Just as he opens his mouth to speak, my phone starts ringing. I look at who is calling me, and it is my mom. Frick you mom, I was talking to the hottest man alive. 

I accept the call and immediately, she says, "Where are you, young lady? You have been gone for 45 minutes!"

"Oh, sorry. I ran into a... friend."

"Yeji? Isn't she basically your only-"

"Mom! I will be home soon, don't worry." I cut her off so Hyunjin wouldn't know that I literally had, like, one friend. He turns to me "So I guess that means we should hurry up, right? Wouldn't want to start off badly with your mom."

Why not...? I ask myself. "Haha yeah. Let's get going."

We finish our food and he holds the door for me as we walk out of the store. Our walk home was mostly learning about each other. Did you know he was actually really sweet? I didn't. Most popular kids are jerks. Cough, cough Yuqi.

"Hey, do you dance at all?" he asks.

"No, I look like a fish in a fire pit. Why?"

He chuckles at my remark, "Well, I'm really good at dancing."

"Wow, confident I see. Prove it."

"Alright. But, on one condition."

"What is it?"

"You have to let me walk you home for a week."

TODAY IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

Trust Fall || Hwang Hyunjinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें