19

I felt the bright sun on my face and smiled when I remembered that it was Saturday and I didn't have to go to school today. I snuggled unto the warmth in front of me and embraced the comfort of my bed.

I paused.

Why is there warmth in front of me? Why are there arms around my waist? I shot up as I realized that I fell asleep at Hyunjins house. In Hyunjin's bed.

s I realized that I fell asleep at Hyunjins house. In Hyunjin's bed.

My movements woke Hyunjin up. He pulled me back down and started cuddling me again. "Hyunjin. . . we fell asleep," I tried to get up again.

"Three more minutes," He responded in the most amazing morning voice I have ever heard. I gave in and snuggled down next to him and just admired him. His hair was so fluffy and he looked so calm that I fell asleep again watching him.

~

When I woke up, Hyunjin was staring at me as he brushed a piece of hair out of my face. We sat there for a moment just admiring each other's features before we realized we had to get up for school.

"Hey, we have to get up." I whisper

"But I don't want tooo." He complained and pulled me closer to him.

"Come on, we can't be late. . ."

He yawned. "Fine," he said as his grip loosened.

~

We arrive at school, holding hands while people steal glances at us. Hyunjin drops me off at my locker as he continues ahead to his.

I immediately feel someone pounce on my back, squealing.

"OH MY LORDY LORD, NABI. DID YOU SEE THOSE GLANCES YOU WERE GETTING?"

I grin. "Yeah, it's nice making people jealous."

I grab my books from my locker just as Felix is walking up. "So you guys are back to being normal? Hyunjin was really worried about something yesterday. . ."

"Oh yeah, all good. Just me being dramatic."

"Wait, something happened yesterday?" Yeji interjected. "Worst day to be sick." she rolled her eyes.

I lightly punch her, and walk away, heading to my next class. 

I look back as I'm walking and Felix and Yeji are engaged in a conversation with bright smiles on both of their faces.

"Woah. . ." I whisper to myself, surprised. I could have sworn those two never got along.

~

As soon as I get to my first class, the stress starts to kick in. I just realized how much makeup I have for tomorrow. I cannot believe I missed all of my afternoon classes.

I push through the day, absolutely dreading what will come after lunch.

Soon, lunch comes and I sit with Yeji, Hyunjin, and Felix.

We all engage in conversation about whatnot until Yeji stands up. "I have to go to the bathroom."

"Wow, I'm sure the whole lunch room just HAD to know that." I say.

Felix clears his throat. "Yeah, I have to go too. . ."

"Ok then?" Hyunjin says.

The pair walk off.

"That is very suspicious." I say. "Those two have never gotten along, and earlier this morning they were talking with bright smiles on their faces."

orning they were talking with bright smiles on their faces."

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised if something happened. Felix has liked Yeji for a longgg time." He said unbothered.

"WHAT."

"What? I thought it was obvious."

I lightly hit Hyunjin. "Why did you never tell me??"

"I thought you knew!" He said, jumping back slightly, his cheeks full of food. 

"If something did happen, I'm surprised I didn't hear from Yeji yet."

"Anyway, about our project. We need to work together on it, so you want to come over today?"

I had totally forgotten about that project. "Sure." I say, taking a bite of food.

Suddenly, I stood up. "I'm going to go spy."

"Wha-" before he could finish, I was already walking toward the bathrooms.

As I am heading to the bathrooms, I make eye contact with Yuqi.

Holy crap, she looks like a mess.

Her tangled hair in a bun, mascara smeared all over her face, stained hoodie with sweatpants.

The rage in her eyes whilst looking at me is enough to send shivers down my spine.

I shake it off and continue walking. I near the bathrooms and peer around the corner that leads to the drinking fountain/bathroom area. 

Around the corner, I spot Yeji and Felix. The two of them are holding hands while facing each other.

Felix's eyes drift downward toward Yeji's lips.

Uhhhhh. . .

Suddenly, they are so close that they are milliseconds away from kissing.

I quickly turn my back away and hurriedly walk back to our lunch table, flushed and shocked. A few seconds pass as I just sit there.

"So, are you going to tell me what you saw or just sit there like you just saw a ghost?"

"They- Felix was. . . kissing. . ."

Suddenly, Hyunjin sets down his chopsticks and starts clapping. "He got the girl." He chuckles. "I NEVER in my whole life thought Felix would pull any girls."

I scoff and let out a breathy laugh.

After a bit, Felix and Yeji come back.

"So. . . did you guys have fun?" I say awkwardly.

"In. . . the bathroom?" Felix said

"Oh, haha yeah, like. . . how was the soap?" I swallow.

"Yes, Nabi. Good soap." Yeji laughed.

"Oh that's good." I say as Hyunjin is silently laughing at me.