5

You know one thing I thought would never, ever happen? Well, it just happened. I got to my next class, the one Hyunjin and Yeji are also in. I sat in my usual spot, and since we weren't exactly early enough, people had already sat around my spot: Yeji to the left and Jinyoung to the right. I hate Jinyoung. He is always so weird. Like, flirtatious, but too far. The type of kid to sit in the back of the bus.

I sit down, and per usual, Jinyoung greets me. "Hey there..." Uncomfortably, I say, "Hi," and then turn to talk to Yeji, hoping he took the hint finally that I didn't want to talk to him. But, of course, he didn't. He taps my shoulder to get my attention, and the people-pleaser side of me couldn't help but turn around.

"What is it?" I say, plastering a smile on my face.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

Just as I am about to speak, a person to my right says, "No, she's not." I look over to see Hyunjin standing there, his eyes fixed on Jinyoung. "Now, will you kindly move to a different spot, I want to sit there."

"No, why would I move for YOU?"

Hyunjin walks to him and says something so only Jinyoung could hear it. Immediately, Jinyoung gets up and walks to a seat closer to the front. Hyunjin wordlessly sets his stuff at the desk and sits down. I quickly turn away and stare at my desk, processing what just happened.

I see Yeji's face of shock from the corner of my eye and continue minding my own business until class starts.

The teacher walks in and everyone quiets down to hear. "Today we will be starting on a long term project. For this you will need partners. I will be assigning them, so stop looking at your friends like that." Me and Yeji made eye contact but rolled our eyes when she announced that she would be picking.

"To pick your partners, everyone needs to close their eyes. Good, now every other person, starting with Kyujin, look to your right." I mentally counted down the line and I was one of the people so I looked to my right. "Good, now everybody else, look to your left, and whoever you are looking at, they are your new partner for the project."

I was so thankful that Hyunjin made Jinyoung move, I did not want to be partners with him. Then I realized what that meant as I heard the teacher talk again. "Open your eyes." I opened my eyes to see a very cute Hyunjin smiling widely at me.