Chapter 4

You woke up several times that night. You just kept thinking about not being able to work out. At 3am you finally decided to get up and work out in your room. You were doing jumping jacks when Taylor woke up and heard a weird noise coming from your bedroom, she got up to check on you and opened the door just to find you jumping.

-"What are you doing, Lizzie? Why are you exercising this early? Weren't you sick?" Taylor said half asleep.

You froze. You couldn't come up with a good excuse to make.

-"I... I read about sweating off the virus. Since I went to sleep so early yesterday I woke up an hour ago and couldn't go back to sleep, I wanted to try the sweat away the virus thing. I'll tell you how it goes". You answered convinced that she was going to buy it.

-"You know Lizzie? I don't believe you. What are you really doing working out at 3am?"

You were going to answer but dizziness hit you again, you had to support yourself with the bed and as much as you tried Taylor to not notice, she did. She helped you sit on the bed and took both of your hands.

-"I think I've been where you are right now. Please talk to me. You almost fainted again". Taylor said with panic in her voice.

-"Taylor, I don't know what you are talking about. Yes, I almost fainted because i'm sick and..."

Taylor interrupted: "no, you almost fainted because you were working out at 3am on an empty stomach".

-"I'm fine. Why don't we just go to sleep? Can you sleep with me?"

Taylor frowned but knew it was nonsense to fight at 3am in the morning. So she decided to save the conversation for later and accepted to sleep with you. You knew that she would want to talk about this in the morning. But you also knew that right now you were feeling that burning thing in your chest again, you knew that if she didn't stay with you, you would probably were gonna keep working out and you felt so tired, you really wanted to sleep. She hugged you tightly and felt your heart racing inside your chest. You started crying, you felt so weak and so lost. Taylor noticed, but didn't say anything and just kept hugging you until you both fell asleep. She woke up at 7am when Tree was calling to reschedule the meeting she was having yesterday when she went running home to check if you were okay after your mom told her about you fainting at school. She quickly stood up and took her phone to her room, she didn't want to wake you up. She checked her messages and saw a text from your mom saying she went shopping with your aunt and wouldn't be home until noon. Austin was on a trip with his girlfriend and your dad was still in this business trip. It was just the two of you.

-"So, how is she? What happened?" Tree asked Taylor over the phone.

-"I don't know Tree. I think something's wrong. I think she might be struggling with food and body image" Taylor said with a  broken voice.

-"Oh no... is she going to school today?" Tree asked.

-"No. She's staying home. But the nurse told my mom that Lizzie said she didn't eat anything yesterday because she had a stomachache. She said she was tired so she went to sleep without eating. However I found her secretly working out in her room at 3am. I've tried speaking to her but she just says she's fine..." Taylor finished the last sentence and was about to start crying, so she changed the subject. "Anyway, do you want to come home to reschedule my interviews agenda. We could have lunch".

-"Mmmm. I'm sorry about Lizzie, Taylor. Keep me updated, I know you too well, I know this is really hard for you. I'll be there in an hour to discuss the agenda thing". Tree wanted to support Taylor but knew it was not the time for her to keep asking questions.

Taylor showered and dressed, went to check up on you and you were still sleeping. She went downstairs and prepped breakfast for the two of you, she opted for one of her safe foods from when she was struggling herself: low fat greek yogurt with a green apple and a bit of granola. An hour later, as Tree said, Taylor heard her knocking on the front door. She let her in, offered her some coffee and sat down in the living room. They were finished discussing the interviews and started to talk about some recording sessions when you walked in, but before going downstairs you changed into workout clothes in case you could go running, you were not sure who was at home, you guessed probably you didn't have to deal with Taylor since she had to reschedule her meeting with Tree, so she probably was away. But you were so wrong.