Chapter 7

Taylor went downstairs to greet her mom. Andrea noticed Taylor had been crying:

- "What happened, darling? Why have you been crying?" Andrea said concerned.

- "We need to talk, mom. It's Lizzie" Taylor answered almost crying again.

- "What happened? Is she okay? Where is she?"

- "She's sleeping upstairs. She's alright right now, but I'm afraid she might have an eating disorder" Taylor said guiding her mom to the sofa. They sat down as Andrea asked:

- "Why would you say that? I've noticed she's been watching her eating; she's been working out more than before, she's definitely skinnier... but I thought she was just taking care of herself..."

- "Yeah... I noticed that too. But she's also weird around food, she's anxious and constantly irritated. She looks so sad..." Taylor said.

- "When she fainted yesterday at school, I got really worried, I was planning on taking her to the doctors but I didn't want her to stress about it. I was going to schedule an appointment without telling her, take her unadvised... But wait Taylor, did she say something to you?"

- "No. I've been trying to get her to talk to me; but she hasn't. Tree came over this morning cause we needed to finish some work stuff and told me how thin Lizzie looked. She also had breakfast with Lizzie while I was sorting out some clothes to donate. Tree said Lizzie told her she was planning on going out for a run, but Tree told her she should rest and let her body recover from the day before, then Lizzie got really anxious and started to body check" Taylor explained.

- "Oh... Tree has always been so good noticing these things" Andrea replied.

- "Then Blake came for lunch and was also shocked at Lizzie's weight loss. Both, Blake, and Tree told me they were worried about Lizzie".

- "Oh god... how did I miss this?" Andrea hair with tears in her eyes and holding desperately her head.

- "I missed it too. You live 24/7 with Lizzie, so I guess that noticing the changes in her weight, her behaviors, etc. it's harder cause you are constantly watching her". Taylor said trying to reassure her mom.  "There's something else mom, when I tried to talk to her about it, like for real, she got so mad at me, she said horrible things. Then she wanted to go out for a run again, I told her she was not going out to work out, so she started to run upstairs and downstairs frantically to exercise. It was awful. After that, she got really dizzy and stopped, then asked me to help her get into bed, asked for water and a snack. Now she's sleeping."

Andrea was about to speak when Scott opened the front door.

- "Dad! I didn't know you were coming. I thought you were away for business" Taylor said running and hugging her dad.

- "I was, but I came home early cause I wanted to see you. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon again, though" he said.

Scott noticed Andrea had been crying, then noticed Taylor's red and puffy eyes too. He asked about it and Taylor and Andrea told everything that was going on with you. Scott was shocked. He used to be very close with you when you were little, but as you grew older and he started to travel more often due to his work, you two grew apart. Of course he loved you, he was your father, but your relationship was complicated, you just didn't speak much these days. He saw this as an opportunity to get closer to his daughter again, so he came up with the idea of being the one who should lead your intervention. Andrea quickly agreed, but Taylor was hesitant about it, cause she had a bad feeling. Since Scott was departing again next evening, they decided that Andrea and Scott would take you out for lunch the next day and ask you about the eating disorder and offer her help.

Taylor texted Blake what her parents decided and went off to sleep. She was leaving at 7am, so she really needed some sleep. The next morning, she woke up at 4am to get some stuff ready and heard at 5:30am how Andrew told you that you weren't attending school either that day, you panicked and said you were feeling fine to go, but your mother insisted so much you gave up and went back to sleep. At 6:30 Taylor went into your room and watched you peacefully sleep for a few minutes until she gently woke you up. She felt bad for interrupting your sleep but when you were 6 you made her promise, she would never leave without saying goodbye and giving you that forehead kiss you loved, even if that meant waking you up in the middle of the night. Taylor stood by that promise ever since. You woke up and hugged her tightly.

- "I'm sorry Tay. I didn't mean any of the hurtful things I said yesterday. I don't know what's happening these days. I know you just want to help me, but I'm not ready" you said. You knew she was leaving soon so she was not going to make a whole deal about this, she didn't have the time to start a conversation.

- "It's okay baby. I love you so much. Please talk to me whenever you need to. I'm just one call away and I get this more than you think. I'm here for you". She gave you a kiss and left heartbroken. She didn't want to go, but she had to, she had to present some awards in London.

As much as you tried to, you couldn't sleep anymore. So, you changed into workout clothes and went downstairs to go for a run, praying your mother didn't see you sneaking out. But to your surprise you heard your dad's voice speaking to your mom as soon as you got to the kitchen you saw your parents having coffee and chatting. They turned around and Scott called your name:

- "Lizzie, sweetie, how are you? Your mom said you've been kind of sick?".

You went to hug him and answered "I'm fine. I could've gone to school today" you said rolling your eyes while looking at your mom "What about you, dad? How's work doing?"

- "I'm good. Work's doing amazing. I've got some big clients waiting for me tomorrow morning in Madrid. I'm glad you're feeling better sweetie".

You frowned - "oh, so when are you leaving again?" You said disappointed but not surprised, lately he was never home.

- "I'm leaving tonight. But we can spend today together. You, your mom, and me. What would you like to do?"  Your dad asked.

- "Hmmm... I don't know" you answered wishing you could stay home so you could eat safe stuff.

- "Why don't we go out to grab lunch?" Andrea suggested.

- "Sounds great! Let's go to that sushi restaurant you and Taylor love" Scott said.

You were extremely anxious but didn't want them to suspect anything. You agreed nervously.

I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Requests, advice and comments are always welcomed :)