Chapter 5

You came home and helped Taylor cook while she and Tree finished discussing work things. When lunch was almost ready, Blake knocked on the front door. Taylor went to welcome her and gave Betty a huge hug. She was really excited because her mom told her they were going to a lunch date with Auntie Tay, which sounded awesome to her. Taylor greeted Blake and Betty ran inside to hug you. You got on your knees to hug her and greet her.

-"Betty!"
-"Lizzie!"
-"How are you buddy? Have you grown up? You look beautiful. How old are you already?"
-"I'm five. What about you? You look smaller than before, how come you haven't grown up, but got smaller?"

You gave her a confused look and got up to hug Blake.

-"Hey Blake. How are you?"

As soon as Blake saw you she was shocked. She wasn't able to attend Taylor's birthday because she was filming a movie in London, so she hadn't seen you in about 6 months. As she hugged you she could feel your bones, she even thought she was going to hurt you if she hugged you too hard.

-"Hi sweetie! I'm fine. What about you? Taylor told me you fainted yesterday at school. What about that?" She said holding your hands in hers trying not to give away her worry.

-"I'm fine. I was a bit sick, but now I'm feeling okay. Yeah, I fainted at theater class, but everything's fine, really". You answered and gave an annoyed look to Taylor, why did she have to tell everyone about the fainting?

-"Why did you faint? Were you nervous about your class?" Blake asked.

-"No I wasn't nervous. It was probably because of the stomachache I had" You answered.

-"What did you eat before class?" Blake asked, she was a mother, she worried too much.

Tree and Taylor gave her a look trying to get her to know it was a sensitive topic. But you calmly answered:

-"I didn't have lunch. My stomach was hurting and I thought that it was better if I didn't eat anything because I hate throwing up".

-"Sweetie, but you could've have eaten something that didn't upset your belly" Blake replied.

-"Yeah. You're right. My mistake. Lesson's learnt. It's not happening again. Anyway, it's all good now".

You all sat down to have lunch. And you served yourself some salad and a little bit of pasta with chicken. Betty asked her mom out loud:

-"Mommy, is that why Lizzie is smaller than before? It's because she's eating too little?".

Your jaw dropped. You blushed immediately and got really uncomfortable. Taylor's jaw dropped too, but Tree touch gently your leg under the table to assure you that you were okay. Blake was so embarrassed she couldn't speak.

Tree decided it was her time to speak up and said "Lizzie, maybe you want a bit more of pasta?" Here I'll help you". She knew you were not going to be able to serve yourself more food and you were going to feel guilty, so she put some more pasta on your plate. She whispered to your ear: "I'm doing it. Don't worry. Blame me for the extra pasta. You have no choice, I'm choosing for you". You thanked her.

Blake took Betty to the bathroom to wash her hands before eating and told her:

-"Betty? It's not okay to comment on people's bodies or how much they're eating. I know you said it without any intention of hurting Lizzie. But it's not okay" Blake told her daughter calmly.

-"Oh. I'm sorry mommy. I was just wondering" Betty said.

-"Yeah, I know. You did it without knowing it was not okay. But it's better if you just keep those comments to yourself. You don't know how it could make feel Lizzie" Blake replied while drying Betty's hands.