Chapter 25

A week later your mom was coming back. You begged Taylor to leave you at home while she went to the airport to pick up your mom, but she was worried you were going to exercise when she was away, so she refused to leave you alone. She was right, though, you were going to take advantage of the home alone time to burn some calories. Even though your bloating was getting a bit better because you were trying not to rely on supplements as much as you did before (supplements were hard on your stomach) your usage of compensating behaviors had increased. That meant that you were eating about "75%" of your meal plan), yet you were hiding food and exercising in secret at morning before showering and at night before going to sleep.

You jumped in the passenger front seat annoyed at Taylor. She tried to make some conversation, but you were not in the mood, so she just played some music. Your mom's flight landed on time, so you only waited for about 10 minutes while she got her luggage. You got off the car to help her put her luggage in the trunk. Andrea's face changed immediately the moment she saw you.

- "Hey mom! I've missed you!" You said running into a hug.

- "Hey sweetie" she said hugging you back trying not to give her panic away.

Taylor knew immediately what Andrea was thinking, but just did some gestures to suggest Andrea that they could talk about it later. You missed so much your mom, you were excited to show her the finished puzzle, the one that Tree gave you and the painting you and Taylor were working on.

- "You can work on it with us if you'd like" you told your mom.

- "I'd love that sweetie, thank you. We can work on it after your afternoon snack" Andrea answered.

Taylor and Andrea saw how your face changed as your smile faded away when she mentioned the afternoon snack.

- "Come on Baby, You've been doing really good these past days with your afternoon and morning snacks, no additional supplement needed" Taylor said side hugging you.

- "Yeah.. I was thinking that maybe I could cut the supplement out? I've been eating my snacks regularly" you said wishing they would agree.

- "You can talk about it at tomorrow's appointment with Dr. Sach after weight in. But for today's afternoon snack you must have your supplement" Taylor said knowing that her answer would make you angry.

- "Fine. It was worth a try. Can I least warm it up a bit? It's freezing" you said rolling your eyes.

Andrea and Taylor agreed, and you went to the kitchen to observe how your mom prepared your food. Taylor noticed and tried to distract you by handing you the supplement so you could warm it up in the microwave. You grabbed it and poured about half in the sink, but Taylor turned around and saw you.

- "What are you doing?" Taylor asked.

- "Nothing... it was not on purpose" you tried to lie.

- "Don't lie to me Elizabeth! Is this what you've been doing all these days when I give you your supplement and turn around to finish preparing your snack? That's what you do as soon as I turn around? You cannot be trusted."

Andrea turned around to see what your answer was going to be, she was shocked to see Taylor so mad. You were stubborn and kept on swearing it was an accident.

- "I already told you it was an accident; I won't lie about something I didn't do on purpose so you could show off around mom" you said cynically.

Taylor eyes filled with anger first, then with tears. She took her bag and slammed the front door. She hopped into her car and drove for about 10 minutes before calling Blake: