Chapter 20

First, I'd really like to thank you all for your support on last chapter. It was very emotional to write, cause this story is actually based on my own personal story... and last chapter had a lot of what my first day of treatment was like. I really appreciate your comments🫶🏻.

You woke up at the usual hour to go to school and found Taylor beside you. You tried to not wake her up but as soon as you got off your bed, Taylor opened her eyes.

- "Hey baby, how are you feeling?" She said.

- "I'm so tired, my head hurts. I don't even want to look at my eyes, I bet they're so puffy and swollen from crying" you said touching your head.

- "I'll ask mom for some medicine for your headache, and I'll also get some gel ice packs for your eyes while you get ready for school"

You thanked her and hugged her; she was so supportive. You showered and threw your uniform on. You went downstairs and found Taylor and your mom having breakfast at the table, but in your place, instead of seeing your usual yogurt bowl for breakfast, you saw some scrambled eggs and two toasts topped with avocado. You instantly panicked.

- "I'm not having that for breakfast" you said evidently bothered.

- "Yes, you are. You need to start varying the foods you have. Taylor said you have a headache, I'll give you a pill, here" your mom said handing you an acetaminophen pill.

You sat down and Taylor gave you the gel ice mask for you to put under your eyes while you had breakfast. You stared at your plate for five minutes without moving a single muscle, silence filled the room.

- "Come on, darling. I know you can do it" your mom said gently touching your shoulder.

You grabbed your fork and pinched a piece of the eggs, ate it, chewed it, and swallowed it. Tears were building in your eyes, while your mom kept stroking your shoulder. You repeated the action three more times until Taylor said.

- "Take as much time as you need, if you lose the bus, I'll drive you to school. I'll go get ready".

- "Thank you, Tay". You said.

You kept slowly chewing and swallowing until all the egg was gone. You couldn't believe what you have just done, it had been months since you last ate eggs. They were delicious, but you felt so guilty at the same time.

- "I can't eat anymore. I'm really full" you said.

- "You need to eat the toast, darling" your mom said.

With the help of the fork, you held the toast in place while you scraped off the avocado with the knife of one of the toasts, while your mom watched the scene with so much sadness. You scrapped off the toast until it had almost no avocado left on it. You took the napkin and grabbed the toast without touching it, then gave it a small bite. Chewed and swallowed. You repeated it with half of the toast. Then put down the toast and said - "I can't do it anymore". In that moment you realized that Taylor had been standing behind you for who knows how much time.

- "Please mom, let Tay drive me to school now".

Your mom hesitated, but finally agreed. You went upstairs to brush your teeth, came down and grabbed your backpack. Your mother hugged you and said goodbye, but before letting you go, she said "I know this is hard, I'm proud of you for trying scrambled eggs and a bit toast for the first time in a long time. However, last night I ordered the vitamins and the supplement Dr. Sach ordered, I expect them to arrive this afternoon or tomorrow morning. That means that, once they arrive, you will have to make up for what you don't eat with supplements. Alright?". You nodded in silence and left with Taylor.