Handcuffed To The Alpha

Chapter 15

Mittens POV:

Puppet had her arms wrapped around my neck tightly as she slept. Me and Jake had spent the whole day with her, bathing her, tending to wounds, feeding her and trying to entertain her.

She still didn't trust Jake at all, but she would; it'll just take some time.

I hadn't seen Nya or Lenox all day, I was starting to get worried. Maybe I should call them? But I'm sure they are fine, I don't want to disturb them.

I looked down at the fragile girl in my arms and smiled softly. She had my smallest top on and it engulfed her. I kissed her forehead and pulled her into my arms closer to me.

She had fallen asleep watching telly and was fascinated by it. It didn't take long for her to trust me, and that really felt good.

I had to find her parents and find out who hurt her, 'cus they are in for a serious beating. She turned in my arms when my body tensed and I relaxed a little more, sweeping her now softer raven black hair away from her face.

Jake kissed my shoulder and whispered into my ear, "C'mon, its time for bed." He sat up from behind me and I gently lay Puppet into his awaiting arms.

We got up from the couch and headed to our room. I was practically being dragged by him as I leaned into his arms. We slumped up the winding stairs and I felt my stomach stir.

I felt a wave of nausea wash over me and I clutched onto Jake, trying to hold in the sick.

"You okay, baby?" Jake asked, taking one arm from under Puppet and wrapping it around me. She stirred but snuggled up to him.

I nodded and we went up the stairs. Jake slowly lay Puppet in the middle of the bed, pulling the covers over her.

I went to the loo and brushed my teeth, still feeling a bit shit. Jake came in and wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck.

I rinsed my mouth with the minty listerine and turned around in his arms. "Its gonna be so hard." He whispered as he pulled his head up from my shoulder.

I knew he was talking about when we had our own child and I nodded. "Yeah. It is." I kissed him gently and slid my arms around his waist.

There was a sudden crash from downstairs. "You should have let me kill that fucking pervert!" We heard Lenox shout.

I looked at a frowning Jake and he said, "You stay here with Puppet, don't leave her; she might get scared."

I nodded and rushed over to the bed as Jake swiftly left the room.

"Lenox, I couldn't do it. I've never seen somebody be killed and my fiance will sure as hell not have the blood on his hands! What if the police found his body?!" Nya screamed.

"You know I can deal with policeman! I can easily take ten of them out." Lennox retaliated.

"Oh, so your going to kill somebody and when it becomes a problem your going to kill ten more people? Wow, that's a brilliant plan, Einstein."

I climbed into bed when Puppet winced and searched for somebody. When she reached me she relaxed and snuggled against my chest.

"Guys you really have to quiet down," Jakes voice could be heard with my enhanced wolf wearing. "A lot of shit happened today and you really need to calm down.

"Shit happens!" Lenox growled at the same time as Nya screamed "I'm as calm as a fucking Buddha!"

They started squabbling again and then there was a loud 'BANG'.

"You guys need to stop being so fucking selfish and shut up! Mittens is pregnant and Puppet is sleeping!"

They both apologised and then there was a minute silence until, "Who the hell is Puppet?"

There was a longer silence until Jake finally said, "Tomorrow." Everybody understood and I heard Jakes footsteps as he bounded up the stairs and came into the room quietly.

I left the bed and took him into my arms. "Oh God, everything is a mess." I whispered.

"A huge fucking mess." he agreed.

________________

It was a grey morning and I only awoke around ten. Clouds covered the once blue skies and the squawking of crows could be heard.

I sat up and looked to my right. My heart warmed immediately. Jake had his arms wrapped tightly around Puppet as if somebody was about to snatch her away, and Puppet was holding onto Jake, his shirt bunched up beneath her tiny hands.

I quietly went to my suitcase, the one I was supposed to unpack but never got around to doing so, and fiddled with the zip. Once it was open I pulled out a Sainsbury's bag and grabbed my cheap-o camera.

I found the best angle; with the little light shining from the curtains and the shadows of the most beautiful people covering the huge bed. I took about a million pictures, even though every single one was the same.

I finally decided enough was enough and brought my cracked lips down to Jakes forehead. Nothing. I frowned and kissed his cheek. Still nothing. I eventually brought my lips to his parted ones and he finally kissed back.

I felt him grin under my mouth. "I was wondering how long you were going to avoid my lips."

I laughed and climbed onto the bed and pulled the warm covers over me. I spooned Jake and felt tired.

"Aren't we going to talk to Nya and Lenox?" He asked, sighing under my touch.

"Mm, one more minute..." We all know that 'one minute' means 'a couple more hours'.

_________________________

(A/N Super-duper quick update.

Anyway, will update soon!)