Elsa's Role In Danny's Life

Even though it wasn't very obvious due to him interacting with humans on a daily basis, Danny had slowly started to see them less and less as actual people and more as tools. Things he used to get to the next phase of his mission. Through the years, while he focused on saving the world and the balance of life and death, he slowly lose sight of the reason he even started on his mission. Even with the 'Angel' in his mind and guiding his Obsession, he slowly drifted away further and further from seeing humanity as something he was once a part of.

Perhaps it was something that Clockwork foresaw that he decided to arrange certain event to happen to Danny so that he would do more than just meet Elsa on the night of Anna's birthday. Clearly, Youngblood was innocent about the switch. Although Danny did not question about the matter much, it was more due to the fact the he was content at being reunited with his 'Angel'. To add more anchors to Danny's life, he arranged for Dani to crash into the camp that the Fenton and his friends were in.

With these people in place, Danny slowly recalled his humanity. Although he can never return to being Danny Phantom or revert into his past role as a Hero, he will no longer lose sight of the people he fought for. To see more than just the world and the balance of life and death. Else, he might just become another tyrant that Pariah Dark was once.

That said, Elsa didn't know the importance of her role. Even after he came clean to her about almost everything, Elsa was still ignorant to how important she was in grounding Danny and why he relied on her more than the people that was with him at the start of his journey. With Sam and Tucker, he could brush them off by saying that they were only with him because they felt guilty over what their challenging him did to him. In a way, while he was with the GIW, he blamed them and his family for the position he was in. His resentment grew as he realized that they were blessed with a normal life at the cost of his own.

However, Elsa was completely removed from his history. In his twisted mind, she was innocent and yet her innocence saved him as his lowest point. Without any attachment, guilt, or duty towards him, she saw the good he did to her over the bad and called him 'Angel', subsequently derailed the inevitable destiny of Danny becoming Dan by filling him with a sense of responsibility instead of hate. Although after learning of this, Elsa partly stayed with him because of her belief that she should carry half of the weight because she put him on this thorny path, Danny did not see her in the same light that he saw his family in. While she unknowingly put him on this path, Danny picked up the role of 'Angel' because he wanted to safe her, seeing every innocent people in the world that he kept safe as an extension of her. Not to mention, Elsa's love reignited the almost forgotten sincere kindness inside him.

In a way, just as he proclaimed, while he saved her, Elsa saved the world.

However, although he kept Elsa away from his darker side of life, it cannot be helped that she will be affected by his supernatural side one way or another. Just as Danny had worried a long time ago, prolonged and frequent repetition of exposure to pure ectoplasm, purer than anything his parents ever collected or produced, that he secreted, Elsa naturally evolved from a simple human woman into a liminal existence. Although the first sign of her condition was her lighter and stronger body, greater stamina, and cooler temperature were all brushed off as the result of her healthier lifestyle.

But then she started freezing things. At first, it was just random frosts here and there. Then, her power continued to grow. Upon realizing this, she visited the Minstrels, as Danny had revealed their true identity to her, to ask about her power. So after a few check ups with Jack and Maddie, Elsa learned that her DNA had mutated. In a way, she was like them but because of the exposure to purer ectoplasm, she developed special powers. While Sam's power was more the ability to grow extremely healthy plants and Tucker's ability was creating simple illusions with better result, although it was still something that can be gained with enough practice in the art of 'circus' magic, Elsa's power from exposure to ghosts was glaciokinesis. Meanwhile Jack's liminal ability was a stronger body and Maddie's liminal ability was greater agility. As for Jazz, she developed the ability to sense emotions better than most. Unfortunately, her trauma blocked this ability from her use.

Their abilities can be brushed off talent. However, Elsa did not have such easy disguise. Fortunately, Danny was there to help her as she feared hurting her family or the people around her with her power. But with her power, a certain spirit stirred in the north and this spirit have a strong connection to Elsa's lineage.

So, while Danny kept her safe from the danger of his world, it did not exactly keep her away from the rest of the world. Because of this, her family was suddenly involved in their own adventure and discovered their family's history with the power that seemed to blanket Arendelle as well as the slumbering great spirit in the north. As Elsa was the first in her family since the royal family stopped their ritualistic pilgrimage to the north after accepting Christianity into their land, she was chosen as the Priestess of Ahtohallan.

Naturally, ghosts and spirits weren't very friendly with each other as the spirits saw ghosts as beings that should have crossed the river of the dead a long time ago while ghosts have their own reasons for lingering and saw spirits as being rude to them. Because of this, there were some fight to have Elsa drop her engagement to the Ghost King by the Elemental Spirits of the World. Something that Elsa refused. Due to this, they tried erasing her memories of him.

Danny did not like this and fought back. It was only after he went through trials after trials was he accepted by the spirits. Naturally, Elsa disagreed with their judgment as they only judged Danny. So she asked for her own trials and went through her own test of will. Fortunately, while this further distance her from her human origin and replaced her humanity with the immortality of a spirit, Elsa decided to return to her human root and remained loyal to Danny. But she also promised to do her duty to the world as the Priestess of Ahtohallan.

Because of this, her father started working to help her with her role of connecting nature with the world. As she cannot say that it was spirits that needed a re-connection with humans, she focused on spreading awareness to preserving nature. This easily made her Sam's greatest friend and the two quickly became best buddies as Sam decided to guard Elsa from both GIW, who would certainly disagree with her simply because she was a living spirit, and from other supernatural.

While her family as whole became more involved with the supernatural, they were still kept away from Danny's other life. Agnarr understood the importance of this. As it was, when the family was kidnapped along with the Minstrels on a yacht in an attempt by the GIW to investigate about Danny as there was a leak about her being seen with the Ghost King on a boat in the north, which happened during a trial by Ahtohallan to the both of them, they cannot do much as Elsa's family was too well connected to nobilities around the world due to their history as the royal family of Arendelle. Hurting them would put them on the blacklist from most of the more important old moneys around the world. With Elsa knowing nothing and with her family kept interrupting their 'interrogation', they ran out of time as Danny attacked them as the Ghost King.

Although there was some altercation between Agnarr and Danny regarding Elsa's safety, Elsa stood her ground and reminded him that her being non-human already put her on their radar. She could be safe being secluded in Ahtohallan but she refused as she felt that she have a duty to the world and the spirits around the world. This further cemented her role as Danny's Queen, which allowed her to become the master of the Ring of Rage; tempering his passion with her love.

Although she was already a very beautiful woman as a human, as a living spirit Elsa was enchanting. There was a glow in her that reminded people of the stars. She also seemed to have a certain airy feel to her, a sense like she can easily disappear. Anna alike it to snowflakes, which she then joked on how Danny seemed to foreshadow it by calling her a snowflake as a term of endearment.

With Elsa's new role as the Priestess of Ahtohallan, Danny have a new reason to fight the GIW. Not only was she considered on their radar as she was no longer a human, she also have a purpose to balance people and spirit just as he have a duty to keep the balance of life and death. Like light and dark, life and death, the two mirrored each other and walked hand in hand despite running parallel.

Although Danny fretted over her new status in the world, he loved her all the more after the trials that they both had to go through. He also loved how she asked for a trial to prove to him just as he had proved to her that their love was true and that they will have each other back no matter what may come their way. To him, Elsa became his whole world and the reason the world deserved existing.