Vacation

[Danny took Elsa on a rather interesting vacation...]

~

When Danny invited her on a vacation, Elsa did not think much of it...until he took her to Transylvania. That wasn't so troubling. But then he took her through a forest where he suddenly picked her up and started flying. Elsa asked him, concerned, "Danny, what if people sees us?"

Danny smiled, "It's alright, darling. Where we are going, the supernatural are welcomed,"

Elsa clung to him as he finished the last stretch of their journey, her eyes widening at the sight of the castle before her. She noticed the stretch of visitors driving up the side of the mountain where the castle was situated. Taking note of the structure, she cannot help but sigh, "It's magnificent,"

Danny smiled, "Welcome to Hotel Transylvania," He then started, "A different sort of vampire opened the place after his late wife was killed in a hunt. He hoped to create a place where monsters and other supernatural can feel safe. He also made this a place for his daughter to grow in safety,"

Elsa looked at him, "A different sort of vampire?"

Danny smirked, "What? It is natural to have variations of species. Humans tended to put all supernatural under the same banner without really thinking that just because they have the same diet doesn't meant that they have the same constitution. Just as animals have different variations and evolution, so does the supernatural. The vampire in question is one born of magic. While the likes of the Volturi are born of infection. They might both require blood as their main food source. You are right to call them both vampires. However, while the likes born of dark magic are easily countered, the ones born of infection are not so easily subdued,"

Elsa hummed, "Interesting...Danny?" He hummed, "Will I be welcomed here?"

He grinned, "Oh, don't about Dracula or the others. If I say you are with me, they will have to welcome you,"

Elsa frowned at him, "You have twisted sense of humor,"

He chuckled as he landed before the classic revolving door. Placing Elsa on her feet, he escorted her in. It did not take long for the numerous beings in the hotel to notice them. But here, Danny did not hold back his aura. Glowing slightly with his eerie light, he walked straight up to the counter to check in.

While he deal with the skeleton working the check in counter, Elsa looked around in wonder. Once again, it felt as if stepping back in time. She smiled at the sight of all the creatures in the room when a tall man in black that looked very much like a vampire paled at the sight of her, "A human?"

Elsa smiled at him, "Greetings. You must be the owner, Dracula,"

Dracula looked around, his hand on the shoulder of a ginger haired...Frankenstein?...and sighed, "How...how are you here?"

Elsa thought he looked stressed but pointed at Danny, "Oh. Danny wanted to take me for vacation. I didn't expect that he'll take me to this wonderful place,"

Dracula's eyes widened at the sight of Danny, "The Ghost King?"

Elsa nodded, "Yes...uhm...are you alright, sir?"

He nodded, "I'm fine...I'm perfectly fine..." He gulped, "Not worried at all..."

Within that few moments of distraction, somehow the Frankenstein he was with managed to get into trouble with a skeleton couple, rode on a hag's broom, and crashed into a girl. Elsa watched the whole thing in quiet amusement while Dracula looked like the world was ending for him.

Danny finally took her to the room that he had booked and sighed, "Well, you can really just...let go around her. I mean...even in the Magical World, the rules and regulation about Creatures and other supernatural can be stifling. But here? Nobody cares how scary you are. It is expected,"

Elsa sat on the bed, "This is truly an experience...but Danny, something is weird with that young Frankenstein,"

Danny snorted, "That's a human in a monster costume,"

Elsa blinked, "Wait. What?"

Danny smirked, "I am not as out of touch with the human world as most of these beings here. They are always in hiding, more than even witches and wizards. Naturally, their understanding of the human world are a little, no, a lot backward. Not that I blame Dracula. Humans hunted him and his family, causing him to lose his wife just a short for weeks after the birth of his daughter," He then showed her a leaf, "Here. He wanted to celebrate her 160th birthday. There will be a party and all that,"

Elsa looked at the leaf, "Interest...I wonder what will happen with that human? Dracula had looked very concerned about me,"

Danny shrugged before picking her up over his shoulder, causing her to squeak. He yawned, "Let's just take that shower and rest for the evening. There should be a pool party of something,"

He playfully smacked her ass, causing her to smack him back as close as she could get her hand to his own ass. Alas, her hand was too short. Danny just laughed at her failure.

So, while Elsa was enjoying her vacation with Danny, the vampire father and daughter seemed to be having their own drama, leading to a few hilarious incidents and encounter. One of which they almost rammed into Danny while riding their table. Naturally, the ghostly tables stopped the moment they saw Danny, causing an accident for the duo. The 'drama' settled when Dracula finally accepted that the human boy, Johnny, will be joining his family. The idea of 'soulmate spark', or the more modern manner of explaining, 'the Zing' was interesting to her. She wondered if she felt that 'Zing' when she set her eyes on Danny.

As she danced with him, she stared into his eyes.

Danny quirked a brow, "Are you looking for that Zing?"

She blushed, "W-well...it all sounded so romantic,"

Danny smiled, "Does it matter?"

She sighed, "What if you feel a Zing with someone else?"

He pulled her face upward and kissed her brow, "Elsa. Zing or not, you are my Obsession. I am wired to choose you. You don't have to worry about me going astray,"

She frowned, "I have always wondered about that. What if you are controlled by your Obsession and not because I am right for you?"

Danny snorted, "Elsa, you can only be Obsessed with something or someone when they mean the world to you. You have to like them beyond the simple notion of want. For a ghost, their Obsession is everything. It cannot be defined by simple concept of love or hate. Deeper than feelings, stronger than desire, clearer than a purpose, and above all, your one and only destination," He smiled as he brushed his fingers against her blushing cheek, "I don't need the Zing to tell me that you and I are meant to be,"

Elsa burst out in tearful laughter, "Oh Danny! I guess I don't need a Zing to tell me either!"

Danny grinned, taking flight with her as they flew over the party below celebrating more than just a birthday but also their culture and the beauty of love beyond words. While Dracula sang how the Zing felt stronger than a cupid's arrow, Danny preferred his Obsession. Ghosts can be stubborn in that manner.

Elsa leaned into his hold, feeling excitement and contentment by his answers. When she heard about the 'Zing', she was understandably worried about Danny finding his Zing. However, he told her that the Zing meant nothing to a ghost. Though she worried that his Obsession will take his freewill from him, his explanation that to be Obsessed with something or someone, he must first yearned for them...it spoke of the freedom to choosing his focus of Obsession.

If a Zing was like a cannon ball to the heart in comparison to the bee sting of a cupid's arrow, then an Obsession was the death's scythe. There was no turning back for either of them.

After all, Elsa was aware that she was as obsessed with Danny as he was with her and she was fine with that.