His Angel

Sam defended herself from the blade of the rapier. The sound of steel on steel ringing in her ears. But she grinned either way as she kept Elsa from nicking her. When Sam first met Elsa, she thought of her as someone like Dora, the medieval ghost princess in the Ghost Zone. Elsa quickly prove her wrong, especially when she learned that although Elsa do not partake in any competition or receive any accolades for it, she was pretty skilled with a rapier. Elsa knew fencing and she knew how to actually use it like one would use it in a fight and not like how modern people use it; for sport. Meaning she knew how to treat the art of fencing with the respect it deserve and not just lunge forward expecting to win.

In fact, her whole family were trained in the art. It was a tradition of her family as self defense. Elsa also knew how to shoot, albeit only in a shooting range. Again, for self defense purposes.

Sam had to give it to her family, they weren't pretentious and they were far richer than her own. But none of them treated others like dirt and they actually cared about important things. The Manson's might be rich but they were no old money rich. They were at best third generation rich, relying solely on her grandfather's invention to continue their cushy lifestyle. Sam have no regret leaving, especially after her Grandmother died. The best part was when they pretended to be pretentious, seeing it as more of a play than anything else.

Sam had quite the laugh when she was told about it.

At the end of their session, they set their blades aside, real steel made to cut and kill, and stood by a table to cool down. Elsa pushed away her long blond hair, causing Sam to wonder if she should just revert her hair back to it's natural color. The other day, Elsa had tried on Goth fashion for fun with Sam when the girl had wanted to update her wardrobe now that she was no longer running around on the road. Sam had not thought that blond hair would look good in black but Elsa somehow made it work.

Elsa sighed, "Danny have been on silent for a while now,"

That was code for; Danny have been on his mission much longer than expected.

Sam hummed, "He'll be back soon. Just believe in that,"

Elsa smiled, "I know...thank you, anyway. I guess I need to hear that,"

It was odd. Sam had once thought that she would hate Elsa for 'taking' Danny from her. But Elsa didn't know and Sam never told Danny about her feelings anyway. In the end, only Tucker and the others knew about her feelings but they all knew better than trying to force Sam and Danny together. Danny once ripped a body pillow that a friend of Elsa had gifted her as a joke just because it have the print of an idol that Elsa followed on it. Elsa could only sigh in resignation, taking it as his ghost nature taking the better of him.

Most would take that a red flag. Well, ghosts were not the healthiest partner for anyone. But Elsa took her time to understand his nuances and flowed along with it, putting her foot down when she think that he could do better at controlling himself. One such case was when he kept kidnapping her in the middle of the night so that he can snuggle up with her at his studio. She let it happen twice but on the third day she decided to confront him and sat him down to discuss the matter. She have decided to be the mature voice of reason when Danny's ghost nature behaved like a spoiled child.

It surprisingly worked.

That said, it meant that separating Danny from Elsa was a calling card to Hell. Especially since he was pretty good at 'erasing' people and making it look like it was meant to happen. Danny's temper was also shorter than they remembered, such as the lightning quick punch to the face when someone pissed him off. Sam suspected that Dash would not recognize Danny even if they bump into each other. The only person he was patient with was Elsa and anything to do with her. When it came to Elsa, it was like seeing a glimpse of that old Danny again. It was as if being around her revived that human side of him.

Elsa looked at Sam, "What is it?"

Sam shrugged, "Just thinking if I should be blond,"

Elsa blinked, "Won't that be hard? I mean, your hair is pretty dark,"

Sam laughed, "Oh. You didn't know. I'm actually blond. Not your blond. A warmer tone of yellow, more like,"

Elsa gasped, "Oh really? I didn't notice at all. You must be very diligent with the roots," Her blue eyes looked closely at Sam's head.

Sam nodded, "Yeah. But I just thought that maybe it is time I put away the black dye and let my hair be natural. I can just imagine the damage," Sam tussled a bit of the short edges framing her face.

Elsa frowned, "But didn't you use henna dye? It shouldn't be that bad. And I am so used to seeing you with black. If you show up with blond hair, I won't recognize you!" She giggled.

The two stayed there, talking about Sam's hair choices and the latest report on climate change. Sam liked this part of her relationship with Elsa. It wasn't easy finding a girl that actually care about nature. But Elsa did, even before she became the Priestess of Ahtohallan. Becoming the Priestess only strengthened her cause to protect nature and the animals of the world. But because she can no longer be considered human, Danny was tense around her safety. It was why Sam decided to protect Elsa along with the others.

They might not be as good as Danny but they can do it better without causing Elsa to be included in Danny's war with the GIW. Danny kept Elsa in the dark about the things he did during his missions. Having stumbled through some of the worse aftermath of the things that the GIW did and feeling glad that Danny destroyed those operations, Sam didn't blame him. The more times she spent around the girl, the more she understood how precious Elsa's ignorance and innocence were.

By not knowing that things that the GIW did, Elsa can focus on her own duty to the world. Danny promised to inform her should the GIW catch wind of her and the spirits under her protection. But until then, he will keep things from her. That was their compromise to each other.

It was evening when they saw a familiar Harley entering the mansion's ground. Elsa gasped at the sight and all but fly towards the silhouette parked there, "Danny!"

Sam watched as the two lovers reunite. She waited for the pain and jealousy but found none. If anything, she found that she was glad that Danny found someone like Elsa. Someone who never had a hand in his suffering but was willing to love him despite the darkness in his gaze and his flaws. Elsa herself was very clingy to him whenever he returned from his missions, being attentive and chatty. As if using her words and affection to chase away whatever shadow had clung to him, becoming more animated as his expression softened and his smile grew more sincere.

Before she retired for the evening, living in Elsa's mansion so that she can be nearby should anything happen at all time, Sam noticed how Danny slept on Elsa's lap as she read a book on the couch in the living room, one of her hand mussing up his hair. With his shades off, he looked surprisingly peaceful. The usually stoic press of his lips loose and slightly curving up as he enjoyed Elsa's presence.

Sam did not bother them, leaving them to enjoy each other's presence.

Truly, Elsa was his Angel.