32. Star gazing and confession

A little bit of history before we go to the chapter - Try reading :)

Rajmachi Trek is nestled in the midst of two popular hill stations – Lonavala and Karjat

Rajmachi Trek is nestled in the midst of two popular hill stations – Lonavala and Karjat. The trek can be approached either via the Lonavala side or the Karjat side and offers trekkers to climb two forts - Manaranjan Fort is at 2510 feet and west-facing fort while Shriwardhan Fort at 2710 feet faces to the east - starting from the same base village of Udhewadi.

This trek is known for the fireflies which flock to the area in the late evenings.

These forts were built by the Satavahanas but gained fame under the rule of Shivaji Maharaj, who took over the fort in the 15th century. Shivaji Maharaj fortified and expanded the fort by adding several structures within the premises. The forts have seen battles between the Marathas and the Mughals. Later in the 19th century, it was taken over by the British. 

The fort was also a popular trade route connecting present-day Mumbai and Pune.
.....................................................................

Teju and Karan walked along the trail road , they were so excited for the trek. 

She was swaying their entwined fingers like a kid and he chuckled. Their first stop was bhairavnath temple, which was 15 to 20 minutes walk. 

She looked at him with a grin as they reached the temple, the place was little slippery due to monsoon

She looked at him with a grin as they reached the temple, the place was little slippery due to monsoon.  He held her hands carefully when she as about to slip.

Karan "carefully biwi, it's slippery, take your step carefully.  Don't jump like a bunny here " he said the last line teasing her and she smacked his hands.  Washing their legs and arms feom the small water pond, they stepped inside the divine place of mahadev, surrounded by lush green.  They stood before the idol and let their worries out from the body, seeking the positivity from the temple. The radiance of the temple does give peace to their mind. 

Teju in mind " Please God, give my all love and happiness to sunny and my family, don't let any evil eyes near us and I hope he will be happy with my surprise. Please make this trek a safety journey for us "

Karan in mind " Bhagwan ji, mere sare kushiyan mere biwi ko dijiye, aur uska dhuk sab mujhe dedijiye. Keep her safe and don't let any negativity around her. Let this journey be safe for us. "