Chapter Two

When Derek Masterson fired the first of his next final shots the screaming began. Theo was not sure who it was. One of his innocent young students most likely. Most of whom were laying motionlessly on the floor. The blood drenched floor. The floor of the classroom he had tried so hard to make into a refuge for them. Even for Derek. Derek had always seemed to be a good kid. Why would he do this?

Why did he lock the door?

Maybe it was not one of his students screaming.

Maybe it was him .......

He felt like he was in a dream. A nightmare. Huddled behind his damn desk, praying, while his students were being targeted one by one. Why did he lock the door? Where were the police?

Please, God.

Please, God.

He huddled behind the desk and rocked himself back and forth like he was a small child.

Please, God , don't let his kids be......

They all had such bright futures. They all had their lives ahead of them. Please, God.

He heard the footsteps approaching him and he looked up.

Derek stood over him , smiling. He raised his gun and pointed at him.

" Dancing Theo. You're a lucky man. You get to live. By order of the king. By order of God ! You must live. Someone has to tell the story. My story. My legend. But just remember. It's not over yet. "

Theo was frozen in place. He could not move. His heart was beating so fast. Sweat was pouring down his panic stricken face.

This was a nightmare. He was really sleeping at home in bed next to Reed. Soon he would wake up screaming. Reed would protect him and comfort him.

Protect him from this young monster and the bloody still bodies that were flung every which way in his once peaceful classroom.

Protect him from watching the young boy put the gun in his mouth. Derek was still smiling as he pulled the trigger.

Then someone screamed again. This time Theo knew it was him.