Chapter Forty Six: Wherever You Are

August 5-6, 2007

Brian tossed a small bag of ketchup chips in the direction of his best friend, and flopped down on her bed with a bored sigh. Edie was leaning against the wall under her bedroom window, legs crossed, with Brian's laptop propped up on a pillow in front of her. She'd been repeatedly reloading Facebook for the last 25 minutes. The night before, Bill had sent her a friend request using a fake profile, which she'd accepted within seconds of seeing it. She was waiting for him to come online so they could DM for the first time.

"Gah! This waiting is killin' me, Bri. Like I'm actively dying." She groaned impatiently as she chewed the chips she'd put in her mouth. Even though they'd eaten a decent meal several hours before she still felt like she was hungry.

"We could watch tv while we wait." Brian suggested and Edie shook her head; she was too focused on the laptop and there was no way she'd be able to distract herself. It didn't take long for the chip bag to be emptied and tossed aside, something to be thrown away later. Sighing, she signed out of Facebook, waited 35 seconds, and logged back on.

Still nothing.

She'd almost clicked the sign out button when she heard a ding and a little chat box opened at the bottom of the page.

"Oh, thank Jesus! Finally!" She cried out, tugging on Brian's ankle as she read the first message.

Bill: hey sorry I took so long
Bill: band stuff

Edie: yeah I understand
Edie: it's so weird that we can have an actual conversation in real time
Edie: I'm so happy though

Bill: I know haha I was excited all day

Edie: me too but it made the day go by way slower ugh

Bill: what did u do all day?!

Edie: me and Brian took Nolan and the twins to the pool
Edie: we cleaned the chicken coops too

Bill: eww chicken shit lol I don't think I'd would ever do that

Edie: yeah it was pretty gross
Edie: Bri says hi

Bill: hi Bri 😊😉 lol

Brian's cell phone rang, and he left the room. Edie flipped him off and he smirked before shutting the door behind him. "Jerk." Edie muttered and went back to typing.

Edie: how's the band

Bill: amazing but just so insanely busy
Bill: we have interviews all morning and then a photoshoot after lunch

Edie: that honestly sounds like torture I have no idea how u guys do all that

Bill: years of practice 😋
Bill: we don't get much sleep though

Edie: yeah I know how much you love sleeping

Hours passed and Edie didn't even notice when her sister came in, got ready for bed, and switched the light off. It was close to sunrise when Bill said goodbye; they'd both been avoiding ending the conversation. She closed the laptop and stretched, yawning deeply as she placed the laptop on her bedside table, and crawled into bed. She was asleep the second her head touched the soft pillow.

Nolan shook her awake for lunch and pretty much dragged her downstairs to the kitchen, laughing when she walked straight into an open door.

"How in the hell.." Edie grumbled, absolutely nowhere near fully awake.

"Did ya have a good rest there, Sleeping Beauty?" Uncle Rick chuckled. "We tried wakin' ya up a few time but you were out cold."

"You were totally dead to the world." Brian added; she couldn't wait to tell him everything later.

/-|
Hey soooo writing that was fun. I think I'll have them do that more often.