Chapter Six

December 27, 1999

Dear Bill

I am very mad at my Mom. She has been doing bad things with a man and now she is going to hell. I don't want to live with her but I have to because Daddy says I can't live with him until he gets a bigger apartment. Daddy is good at breaking promises so I don't think I will ever live with him.

Mom wants me to meet her sinner friend right now but I said no and ran to my room and started to write to you.

I don't want to meet him. I don't like him. He's taller than Daddy and has big arms and Mel says he has boobies. She likes him. He gave her chocolate so of course she will say she likes him. She wants him to get married to Mom so she can have chocolate all the time.

I just kicked her out of my room. She is being dumb. Someone is knocking on my door.

It was him. I screamed as loud as I could until Mom came and told him he can meet me later. I hate them both. I didn't open any of the Christmas presents from Mom. I don't want anything her sinner hands touch.

Daddy is picking us up after lunch and we are staying at his apartment for three days. Then we have to go back to the sin house and get ready for school.

You are not a freak ok Bill. They are rude for saying that. I will be your friend forever! I don't care if you get to be a famous rockstar or not. I'll be your friend because you are Bill.

Did you and Tom have fun with your dad? What did you guys do? I think my parents will have a divorce. Wow motorcycles are cool but monster trucks are cooler!

Thank you for the card. It is really nice and I put it in my memory box with the letters from you. And the picture of you and Tom. I drew a picture of me and you and Tom and Mel making a snowman.

I have to get my stuff ready to visit Daddy.

From yours truly,

Edie

P.S. - hi Tom :)