Chapter Twenty Two

May 24, 2002    

Dear Bill,

Mom moved in a month ago and ever since then they have only fought once. Things seem perfect but it feels fake. I don't like it when they're together because it always ends up hurting someone in the end. I'm tired of seeing sadness and disappointment in their eyes. I'm tired of waiting for one to leave the other. They're my parents and in a perfect world they would really truly love each other. They would never fight or hurt one another.

But this is the real world and nothing is perfect. There is no such thing as forever. Is love even real? I don't think it is, not really.

Nolan isn't scared of Mom anymore. He's starting to talk to people other than us now which is good because he is going to start school in September.

Oh, Mom took me to to see a new therapist at the hospital today. Her name is Wanda and she reminds me of a crow because she wears a lot of black and has a big nose and her eyes are creepy. She asks too many questions. And she wanted me to play with Barbies in the dollhouse she has in her stupid office. I looked at her like she was the dumbest person I ever met. She is an idiot. Being near her annoys me and it sucks because I have to go back every stinking Monday. I don't want to talk to her about how I feel or what I think. It's none of her stupid business. I'm just gonna tell her a bunch of made up stuff.

I told Dad about the record label. He was really proud of you and the band so he went out and bought a card for you guys. We all signed it and Nolan drew a picture on the envelope.

A world tour sounds fun! You should take me with you. I want to go to New York and Disneyland.

From yours truly,
Edie

/-/ I've started the next chapter of WBMW. I don't know when it will be posted, but at the rate I'm going, it could be next week. Hopefully.