Chapter Thirty Six

May 16, 2006

To: billy-nein@tokiohotel.de
From: e_mulled@nla.co.uk

Last night after he got back from work, the steptoad set up a computer in our room and hooked it up to the Internet. He has loads of money so it's an Apple desktop! And we have a phone line of our own so we'll be able to go on the Internet without hogging the main house line. It's times like this when he's nice that I think I should give him a chance, and then I remember every nasty thing he has said to me and continue hating him.

I really think there is something going on with Nolan. Lately every time he sits down, his face twists in pain and his eyes water like he wants to cry. I thought he was possibly constipated but when I pulled him aside he said no, that he was fine. The only person he's around is the steptoad, maybe it has something to do with him. I'm not sure but I think I need to go deeper. What's your opinion? Do you think there is something suspicious between them? Is that kind of behaviour normal for boys his age?

Mom thinks we should go to Paris for a week in the summer for 'fun family bonding' even though she knows I really feel excluded from the family.

When is the next time you'll be in Paris? Maybe we'll be able to get together and do something?

Mel wants a turn on the computer so I have to go.

From yours truly,

Edie