Chapter Ten

April 11, 2000

Dear Edie,

We saw our dad yesterday. He was with a pretty lady. He didn't see us. Mom didn't want us to talk to him because he looked busy. Sometimes I just hate him. I wish he had time for us and not random girls. Tom says it doesn't bother him but I know it does and he can pretend as much as he wants.

You should tell someone about what Mel saw before it gets worse. He could hit Mel next and your mom wouldn't be able to do anything.

What is your favourite music video on MTV?

Those leaders sound like jerks and it's sad that Mel and your mom think that they are right.

If Nolan gets to live with you, you have to tell me all about him! I always wanted to have a younger brother. Mom and Gordon won't have a baby because they say me and Tom are enough for them. I still think they should give me a brother. I wouldn't mind a sister but I think I would rather have a little brother I could teach stuff to.

Some boys pick on a girl if they like them. Tom does. But I don't. If I like a girl I keep it a secret and try to be her friend.

Sometimes we play video games, or write songs, or go for walks with our Nana. We are usually with Gustav and Georg practicing though.

I love cake. I love cheese too.

Sometimes they still pick on me but I stay away from them still. I think if you threw worms at them I would die from laughing. It's good your dad showed you how to punch. Gordon showed Tom and me how to punch too. I hope I never have to punch anyone ever.

Your friend,

Bill

P.S. - Tom says no, and that they aren't braids.