Chapter 14

Shelby, Zayn and I all rushed down to the hospital. We finally parked in the parking lot and ran inside. We pushed the doors open and went to the front desk.

"Love," Shelby said. "Claire Love. Is she here?"

"Yes, room 27." The lady said.

All three of us nodded and ran down the long hallway. 25..26.. 27! We slapped the door open. There she lay, tubes and masks connected to her. We all stopped, and stared by the door. Shelby and I slowly took steps in. Looking at the heart monitor... Nothing. She's gone. Me and Shelby took a glance at eachother and gave a long hug. The doctor then rushed in, pushing out out of the way. He had the shock things in his hands, I can never guess what they're called, he connected them to her chest. We all watched anxiously.

"1, 2, 3." He counted and gave her a shock.

"1,2,3." He said again, giving another.

We then heard beeps from the heart monitor. She's alive!

"Claire!"Shelby said.

We all ran to her.

"Mum?" She mumbled.

"Thank god you're okay!" She smiled

Shelby gave her a little hug.

"Niall? Where is he?" She asked.

I shed a tear, hiding my face in my hands.

"He's over here."Shelby pointed to me.

"Niall, why are you crying?" Claire asked in a faint voice.

I stayed quiet.

"Niall?" She asked again.

I still stayed quiet.

"Mum, Zayn? Can you leave the room please? Let me talk to Niall." She politely asked.

They nodded and left the room. I took my hands away from my face and sat down in a small chair by the door.

"It's all my fault you're here. You could've died because of me."

"Niall, the only thing that matters is that I'm fine now."

"Claire you have tubes flowing air into you."

"Hey, I'm still alive though." She chuckled.

I let out a little chuckle, and walked to her. Resting my hand on her forehead. She closed her eyes. I wiped away the dry tears if my face. She scooted over and I crawled in, laying next to her. I was trying my best not to hurt her. I wrapped my arm around her. We lay there for minutes, until we both fell asleep in each others arms.

•**LOUIS' P.O.V**•

"Okay Liam! Lets get serious. Ever since they left we've only found £20.00, plus the £4.00 Tran gave us. So we have £126.00 left to find." I said

"Well I guess I could've said this earlier, but I have £100.00 in savings." Liam said

"Liam! You should've said it earlier you cheeky monkey!" I said hugging him.

"My house is a block from here, lets go grab it." Liam said, breaking my hug.

I nodded and we started our way to Liam's house. When we got there, it was huge! His mum was smiling at me.

"Who's this Liam?" She asked.

"My friend Louis." He smiled.

I shook her hand in delight.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Payne." I said.

"You too!" She replied. "What are you two up to."

"Planning on using my £100.00 savings." Liam said, leading me to his room.

She was about to ask why, but turned away and continued what she was doing.

"Whoa, nice room." I complimented.

"Thanks Lou." He smiled.

He grabbed his little piggy bank, the pig was dressed like woody from toy story. I laughed to myself. He pulled out the £100.00 and an additional £10.00.

"£110.00." He said.

"How many more?" I asked.

"£16.00."

"Can't you're lovely mum spare it?"

"We can see."

We went back out to his mum.

"Hey, could I borrow £16.00?" Liam asked.

"Sure babe, go look in my purse in my room." She smiled.

"I'll stay here." I said.

Liam nodded and went into a room on the far end of the hall.

"How old are you Louis?" She asked.

"17."

"Do you have a job?"

"No, ma'am. Not yet."

"Girlfriend?"

"Not nessesarily."

She smiled. "Good kid."

I smiled back. Liam came back with £16.00 in hand.

"Thanks mum." He smiled, leading me out of he house.

"Next stop, jail." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~