Chapter 20

•**NIALL'S P.O.V**•

I wonder why Claire has the long face. Did I do bad in my singing?

"Claire?" I asked. "You alright?"

She looked at me blankly, handing my phone back.

"Yeah," she mumbled, "I'm fine."

"Show it." I frowned.

She gave me a fake smirk, which made me frown more.

"Come with me." I said, taking her by the hand and pulling her into the guest room.

I got in and locked the door, making sure the boys couldn't hear.

"What's up?" I said, giving her a look.

"Not much." She joked.

"Claire." I said in a deep tone.

"Niall." She mimicked my tone.

"Stop," I demanded. "Why are you acting like this?"

She didn't say anything. She stared.

"Am I the reason?" She mumbled.

"Speak up." I said.

"Am I the reason, Niall?" She yelled.

"For what?" I yelled back.

"For Ash tracking you down?"

"What?"

"I seen the messages. I am involved! Arnt i? Why couldn't you tell me? I could've fixed things!"

"And what exactly could you fix, Claire? Why would something you say fix anything?"

We yelled back and forth the same thing, until she got entirely sick of it. She unlocked the door and ran out of the house. Great. I went out of the guest room, pissed look on my face. The boys looked like they were to scared to ask. I sighed.

"What happened?" Zayn finally asked.

"Just-..." I paused, "Claire thinks it's her fault Ash and Tran is after me. She seen my messages while taking pictures of me on my guitar."

It was silent.

"Need me to talk to h--" Louis was stopped.

"No" I beamed.

He gave a look, and played with his hands. Harry shot a look at the ground, and ran outside.

"Where's he going?" I said, following out the door.

The boys followed as I chased Harry down the road. I finally caught up to him and tackled him to the grass of someone's yard, who happened to be mowing it today.

"Harry!" I yelled. "What the heck? Where are you going?"

"Teach Ash a lesson. I told him o leave you alone, and he didn't. Don't you see? He's tearing you and Claire apart, on purpose." He yelled back, "get off!"

He pushed me off, and got up, running away again. I sat up and dug my face in my hands. The person mowing stared. The boys I finally caught up, helping me up.

"Where did Harry go?" Louis asked.

I didn't reply.

"Just leave it." I mumbled.

They frowned. We walked back into my house, I ran up my stairs, locking myself in my room. I jumped in my bed, crying as hard as I possibly could. Not only did I loose my best friend Ash, but I lost the girl I loved. How could I be so stupid to let her go like that? I'm so.. God why. Why? Today is messed up in many ways to explain. I shouldn't have said the things I said. I just wanted to feel like the bigger person, and I let myself down. I got up and punched the wall, causing my knuckles to bleed. I continually punched it, until I was on my knees, screaming in pain. I punched a big hold in the wall next to my bed, blood covered in it. I heard the boys running up the stairs, breaking the door down.

"Niall!" Louis screamed, running to me.

"What did you do?" Zayn said.

"And why did you do it?" Liam finished his sentence.

I didn't reply for while, I'm badly hurt.

"I hurt myself." I mumbled.

"Niall, why?" Louis said.

"Because..." I stopped. "Because in stupid."

"Don't be silly, Niall!" Louis yelled to me.

Liam went into my bathroom, grabbed a wrap and putting it around my hand.

"Did you break it?" Liam asked putting it on.

"I.. Yeah.." I said, in a low voice.

"Niall, stop hurting yourslef," Zayn said, "youre only 16, and she's just a gir-"

"She's not 'just a girl' Zayn. She was my everything. And I put her down." I cried.

Louis took my in his arms.

"Niall, calm down. It's okay. Don't speak. Take deep breaths." Louis said.

•**CLAIRE'S P.O.V**•

I've been crying or hours. I can't believe how I acted like that. I still can't believe he said I couldn't fix anything. I know I can. He hates me now, doesn't he? I love him so much, I don't want to loose him. Why do I feel like I am the whole reason. Oh god, you know how stupid I'd feel if it wasn't really my fault? I'd never show my face again. I wonder what he's thinking now.. Probably nothing. He's probably having a party since I left, while I'm here crying myself to sleep. I'm so stupid to think this relationship would actually last the whole summer. I can't stand this, he's going to break up with me. I know it, it's a gut feeling. Oh my god! I'm so dumb. Claire, stop. Stop crying. Stop overthinking. Please, just don't think this way..

•**NIALL'S P.O.V.**•

After awhile, I finally calmed down. I just need I talk it through with her. But what's running through my head is Harry. What is he up to? Say s phone then started ringing. We all started.

"Answer it." Louis said.

Zayn nodded and answered. After a minute, his eyes widened.

"It's Harry." Zayn said.

"What about him?" Louis beamed.

"He.. Killed Ash.." He said, slowly.

I stood up, slamming my hands on the desk next to me.

"He's dead?" I yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-authors note:)-

Here I is again, another short chapter, but hey, it's 20! Woohoo party:) hope you guys liked it, sorry to leave you at this part. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. also don't forget to follow me at JennyStyles3 !

Love you, keep reading, it only gets better;)

-Jenny.x