35 ☆ the beauty of parallel lines

๑ WE DON'T REALLY TOUCHTHAT WAY

WE DON'T REALLY TOUCH
THAT WAY. WE NEVER DO.

the beauty of parallel lines chapter 35

the beauty of parallel lines ✧ chapter 35

We haven't spoken for five days. Those five days were the most gut-wrenching, most absolutely foul, most... I don't know, think of more negatively defined words you could fit in this sentence. I'll let you choose them yourself. But, it was pretty bad–that's the point. I returned to my world of modeling and doing photo shoots–and well, let me just tell you...

"Sora, focus!" The photographer claps his hand loudly as I refocus into the camera lens, causing me to mumble an apology. He cocks his head to the side, gritting his teeth at my stupidity. "I've never seen you like this. You're acting like an amateur, and it's pathetic."

I straighten my body, frowning for a moment, and bowing my head. "I'm sorry. I'm not in my best state today, and–"

"I don't care!" The photographer yells, swinging his camera downwards around his neck. I swallow, eyes closing for a moment–breathe, Sora, breathe. Don't forget the rules of being a model: don't bother giving the people an explanation. No matter what, it's not what they want. I exhale slowly, reopening my eyes. "You should know better. Remember your place as a model, and–"

"Okay, that's enough degrading for a day–let's take five," Mr. Choi–Choi Soobin–intervenes, causing the photographer to flinch. He glares at the photographer for a moment, watching as he sighs and walks away, abiding by his rules. Soobin turns back to me and moves forward, placing a hand on my back as I hold back the tears that seem to pool in my eyes. "You okay, Sora? Let's head to your room for a minute."

I inhale sharply. "Okay."

We head to my dressing room and I close the door behind us, Soobin standing with his back facing me. Quickly, he chuckles, taking a seat on the couch once he moves forward. "Sora, I've really never seen you in this condition before. Is everything okay?" Soobin asks, facing me. I press my back against the wall, fidgeting with my fingers. Soobin tilts his head slightly, watching my body language like a hawk. "I guess not. You look like you're going to cry, and not because my ex-photographer was being rude."