Chapter Nine: Give us a break!

The next day y/n, Ed and Al were walking to Headquarters, Mustang told them to meet in his office. Allen and Edan would wait with the rest of the unit.

"What is it Mustang?" y/n asked. "I need you three to do a mission, there is a little town over west. It seems to be quiet, too quiet for our liking. We want you three to see why it's so quiet, Understood?" He said handing you a folder. "Eh alright, I'll just tell the boys and then we're off" y/n said looking thought the papers. Mustang nodded and signaled them to leave. They left the room "Still on missions, after three years....let's see how this turns out" y/n said "What do you mean 'let's see how this turns out' ?" Al asked "Well I haven't been in combat for awhile now.....so this might turn out bad" y/n said opening the door to the room. "Well what did he need?" Allen asked sitting on the couch with Winry. "We have a mission, so We will be leaving now, do you have my tool finish you two?" y/n said looking at Allen and Winry. They nodded "Just take care of it alright?" Winry said handing over the device. "I will" y/n said sticking out her tongue. She then felt a tug on her shirt. "You're leaving?" Edan asked sadly. y/n leaned down to Edan "Don't worry we won't be gone long" y/n said ruffing his hair. "Promise?" He asked. y/n was a nit shocked at first but smiled and said "Promise" She stood up and rolled up her left sleeve and but her device on her arm, then covered it again with her shirt. "Let's get going" y/n said tuning to Ed and Al. "Be careful y/n! Don't die!" Allen yelled as they started to walk out the door "Yea, yea whatever you say mother" y/n snickered and walked out the door but heard "DON'T CALL ME THAT" By Allen.

As the three were walking to the train station they got to change out of there clothes. (The brothers dressed like in Conqueror of Shamballa, and you dressed like Winry in Conqueror of Shamballa). As the they were walking Al noticed a Kitten. Since you know Al is....well Al He went to go see how it was doing. y/n noticed Al missing for a bit tell she saw Al's red coat. Y/n walked over to Al "Al what are you doing?" she asked. Al turned around and was hiding something behind his back. "N-nothing!" He chuckled nerously. "It's a cat isn't?" y/n said with a smile. Surprised for a moment he nodded and held the small cat in his hand. It was a simple white cat, it was sleeping at the moment. y/n pet the small kitten "Come on let's get going" y/n smiled turning around "B-but won't Nii-san say not to but the kitten back" Al said walking behind her "I'm sure I can convice him" y/n smiled back at Al. Overjoyed Al hugged y/n from behind. "Thank you y/n!" he said happily hugging her. "Anything for you Al, now come on we don't want to miss our train." y/n giggled grabbing his hand and going to the train station.

y/n saw Ed in the distance "Ed!" y/n yelled running over to him. He turned around "Where have you two been?! I was worried sick!" Ed said toward y/n and Al. "Sorry Nii-san" Al said hiding behind y/n. "Oh! That reminds me, you won't mind if we brought a little companion do you?" y/n asked tilting her head. "As in...?" He asked. Al can out from behind y/n, the kitten was on top on his head. "A cat? I don't know...." Ed said pondering about it. "It just a little kitten, I'm pretty sure Al can take care of kitten, after Al he did watch over you when you were studying before" y/n said hugging his arm looking up at him. Ed had blush on his face "O-only if he takes care of it" He stuttered scratching the back of his neck. y/n smiled and kissed his cheek "Well Al don't lose your kitten alright?" y/n said looking at him with a smile. Al smiled and nodded "I'll call him Kumajirou!" Al said happily. They then heard the whistle of the train "Let's get going we don't want to miss the train" y/n said grabbing the brothers hands and leading them to the train.

On the train ride to the town, Al was playing with his new Kitten. Ed was sleeping in y/n lap and y/n was reading a book that Allen gave her. Since the got there own little cart/room Kumajirou got to run around. "Mew!" Kumajirou meowed playing with Al's jacket. Al giggled and continued to play with Kumajirou. y/n looked up from her book and smiled, when she looked back at her book she saw paper sticking out. She pulled out the paper and saw it was a picture of Edan and Allen. They were asleep in the picture. y/n smiled and put it back in place. "Y/n?" Al asked y/n put the book beside her "Yea?" she said looking at him "You still have the necklace brother gave you?" Al said looking at her necklace. y/n looked down at her necklace and held the charm "Of course I do, just like Ed is with the earrings I told him to watch over, And I also have the plush you gave me too" y/n said playing with Ed's earrings. "Brother still have your pocketwatch too" Al slightly smiled looking at the his brother and y/n. The train slowly came to a stop. 'We have arrived in Freesia Town'  The announcer said. "We're here!" Al said picking up Kumajirou and putting him in his pocket. y/n started to poke Ed. "Ed, wake up we're here" y/n said quietly. Ed eyes opened, he yawned and looked at y/n. "Come on sleepy, let's get going" y/n chuckled poking his cheek. He sat up and stretched "Let's get going" he said sleepy grabbing his stuff. y/n stood up and followed the brothers out the train. When they walked outside it was empty. "Not one single person out..." y/n said looking around the town.

"What's happen here?"