Chapter 41

... Heyyyyyy. Hows it going... hehe. It's been like 3 years I knowww. Im terribly sorry. I will say I started this story when I was in 8th grade. It's almost the end of Junior High School right now and this story has been in the back of my mind for the three years I was gone. I thought I should finish it before I graduate so here I am. I'm ngl I haven't watched Naruto or even read the manga for so long so my perception of the premise is incredibly foggy so if the rest of the story kinda spins off a little bit, hehe, you'll know why. Either way, enough of the rambling. I hope you enjoy the chapter of my return!

Recap: "Yes I know that however if we are correct, then Obito has made contact with Madara before and has most likely trained under him for quite some time. I can't risk them getting hurt. Besides, theres also the leader and the other members to worry about. They are strong, I'm not going to argue with that, but not strong enough to fend off all of them simultaneously. It would definitely be a huge stretch.

Naruto got worried, 'If Obito knows, then the leader, Pein, also knows. This might get messy..."

Naruto created a clone and ordered him to notify the Hokage. The replica nodded grimly and shunshined away. The original Naruto furrowed his eyebrows in thought for a second before he changed courses.

"You're thinking of bringing Kakashi along with you?" Kurama asked.

"I think its best. I want him along. I want to get things cleared up." Naruto quickly sent a mental message to his clone to tell him to ask the Hokage to watch over Sakura and Sasuke for the time being.

At Kakashi's house...

"Kakashi get up! We're going on a mission." Naruto burst through the door and rampaged Kakashi's closet , flinging out his Anbu gear and throwing them onto his head. The silver haired jonin woke up with a start, looking around his room before getting the message. "I'll explain on the way. Get dressed." Kakashi nodded as Naruto stormed out of the room. "I'll wait for you outside. You have 30 seconds." With that, Kakashi flung the cloths on and packed his basic necessities and ran out of his house before swiftly locking it.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Naruto drummed his fingers on his thigh, waiting for Kakashi. "Whats taking him so long...?" As if right on cue, a silver haired ninja shunshined right beside him. "Took you long enough..."

"Sorry taichou, lets go." Naruto nodded and they set off. The forest was caked in a thick fog. It had rained the night before and dew began to collect in puddles as they slid down the leaves of the towering trees. It was unusually cold. The wind sliced at their skin as they jumped from branch to branch. The sun had hidden itself behind thick layers of gray clouds, as if hiding from something, perhaps... impending doom. They were both tense with worry. Worry for their comrades, worry for their friends, and worry for what the masked man might have up his sleeve. As they quickly approached the called to area, an ominous tension settled on them.

"On guard Kakashi." In response, he lifted his headband from his covered eye and revealed the blood-red iris that once belonged to his friend. As they descended from the branches onto the muddied ground, the air shifted and a cool breeze swept around them. Kakashi winced. "Snap out of it, don't let a simple genjutsu get to you." Naruto jabbed.

"But... it's her." Kakashi's eyes glazed over. As if a dream descended on his wake, a young girl with short brown hair appeared in front of him, a radiant smile brightened her face. The sharp icy wind subsided, cueing a warm summer breeze to envelope and caress him with a comfort he hadn't felt in years. "Rin..." he muttered under his breath. He was sinking. He was trapped in a dream he didn't want to wake from. He didn't try. Wispy particles in the air suddenly formed another silhouette. His eyes widened. His best friend ran past him and greeted Rin with the largest smile on his face.