Chapter 18

A few days later...

The Konoha gates stood proudly in front of them. Deidara looked at Konoha with determination in his eyes.

"Hey, I have no intentions of going in there, I'll be around the area," Hidan said and jumped away into the trees. Deidara sighed and gathered up his courage and walked into the gates.

"Tell us your name and what your purpose is in being here," One of the 2 guards at the gates said.

"I have questions that need to be answered and I believe that the answers reside in this village, hm" Deidara explained.

"Ahh, I see. Go ahead," The guard who asked finally said with a smile. The other guard also smiled at the boy as the blondie walked through the gates. When he walked through the streets, he saw people staring at him.

"That's a new face," One villager pointed out.

"Never seen him around before." Deidara looked around the villagers as he was reminded of the time when he was in Iwa. Then suddenly, he heard something else that sparked his curiosity.

"Hey, look, it's that demon brat." Someone whispered. Deidara turned his head to see another blondie walking right past him. Their eyes met for a second as the world seemed to go into slow motion. The blondies stopped in their tracks and stared at each other. The villagers were whispering around them wondering what was going on. 

"Who are you?" The boy who was around 7 asked.

"Deidara, what about you, hm?"

"Naruto. Are you new here?"

"Yes, I am, hm. I have a few questions that need to be answered, hm." Deidara explained.

Naruto nodded and beckoned the other blondie to follow him. Deidra complied as he walked behind the boy. Little Dei looked around the village and saw the villagers whispering bloody murder in which was directed at the boy in front of him. This caused Deidara to feel quite nostalgic. They continued walking until they arrived at the Hokage's tower. They both walked in and the blondie knocked on the door to the Hokage's office.

"Come in," Said a voice on the other side of the door. The boy opened the door revealing an old man sitting at his desk with stacks of paperwork that were all left uncomplete.

The boy next to Deidara sighed. "At it again, huh Jiji."

"Yeah, the paperwork never ends, they just keep on coming." the Hokage sighed, "By the way who is the with you?" The Hokage eyed the other blond next to the shorter blondie.

'He looks familiar...' Hiruzen thought.

"My name is Deidara. I came from Iwagakure in hopes of retrieving some answers, hm." At this, Naruto abruptly turned his head to face Deidara and then jumped away getting into a fighting stance.

"Naruto, calm down," Hiruzen said eyes wide.

"Jiji? Is something the matter?" Naruto inquired.

"Deidara, is that really you?" The old man asked skeptically.

"Um, I'm sorry but I don't believe that I have ever met you before now, hm," Deidara said, confused.

"Deidara, this boy right here," Hiruzen said as he gestured towards Naruto, "is your brother." Deidara and Naruto looked at the Hokage, shocked.

"BROTHERS!!!!!?????" They both yelled, eyes wide.

"Yes, brothers. Deidara is your older brother Naruto. Precisely 5 years older. He was taken away from your parents by Iwa ninja 5 years before you were born." Both the blondies in the room looked shocked. Naruto looked at Deidara and Deidara looked back. They were utterly speechless.